snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Business » Razors: Men's vs. women's (Page 0)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Razors: Men's vs. women's
Rhiandmoi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Using a razor on your legs will ruin it just like shaving your face 5 times will ruin it. It just happens to occur in one day with legs instead of over a week.

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Little Pink Pill
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little Pink Pill     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by diehard:
I hate to say it Snopes but I used to sneek and use my dad's razor when I was young and yes (even if I left it just as he did) he knew. He would get all nicked and cut up so it does make a difference. [Wink] [Wink] I had been shaving my legs.

Oh my gosh, my dad used to get so mad about that, and even now my husband swears it dulls his blade, but I don't get it. My hair is a heck of a lot finer and softer than scrapey man hair, but it somehow does more damage? Why then can i use my razor 20 times before I see a difference, but my husband can only use his 3?

--------------------
The technical term is narcissism. You can't believe everything is your fault unless you also believe you're all powerful.--House

Posts: 2684 | From: Budapest | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lil Orphan Annie
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lil Orphan Annie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In my experience, it seems that men's razors tend to be more durable then women's. My husband can shave with one razor for a week while I struggle to use mine more then once. I opened a brand new razor just the other day and boy let me tell you, it was the dullest razor I had ever used. I had to get a second one and again.. the same thing. It did a lousy job.

If I could get away with it, I would borrow my husband's to use, but he'd probably notice.

[Wink]

Posts: 1 | From: Iowa | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Deansinger:
On a slight hijack, though, has anyone nboticed that you need to take out a second mortgage to buy new blades for the darn things? Yesterday I spent 16 bucks on replacement blades.

~$2/blade for the Venus, and that was at Costco, where you buy a clamshell of three dozen.

I am looking into laser hair removal, which, ammortized, will cost me about the same as a year's worth of replacement blades.

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Logoboros
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Logoboros   E-mail Logoboros   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My experience has been that you have to break in a razor -- the first two or three shaves with a new blade are often terrible, but it actually improves after that.

I have no scientific explanation to back up this phenomenon, but I've had friends agree it's true.

--Logoboros

--------------------
"If Men were Wise, the Most arbitrary Princes could not hurt them. If they are not wise, the Freest Government is compelld to be a Tyranny."

--William Blake

Posts: 1025 | From: Memphis, TN & Columbia, MO | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Luckhunter
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luckhunter   E-mail Luckhunter   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
message removed by poster

--------------------
Not really a newbie, I just look like one.

Posts: 56 | From: Central Florida | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Funny, I seem to have had an opposite experience from most of you.

I only use the Gillette Daisy razor, with no soap or shaving cream, just running water. Shaves well, lasts for at least a month (I shave at least every other day) and, since I usually buy the large packages, are pretty cheap. My ex-boyfriend preferred to use them, also. Because he would clog them up with beard hairs, I always made him get his own, though. Every time I've tried a different brand of razor, I get razor burn unless I use shaving cream.

Something I noticed recently was that Secret Platinum deodorant (the kind with Olay conditioners) would clog up my razor and make it useless, even when the razor was brand new. (Yes, I washed my underarms before I shaved, I can't explain it.) I knew it wasn't the razor itself, because I experimented to figure out the cause. When I went back to my usual deodorant, I quit having the problem.

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Louise
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Louise   Author's Homepage   E-mail Louise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*Hijack*
Do any of you ladies find that the battery-powered Venus works better than the hand powered kind? I just but the battery-powered one, but I haven't opened it yet, so I'd like your opinion on it.
*end hijack*
I actually got a women's razor free in the mail that was blue, so that shows that not every razor for women is pink.

--------------------
"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain

Posts: 173 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
sleeping_dragon

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleeping_dragon     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NeeCD:
Something I noticed recently was that Secret Platinum deodorant (the kind with Olay conditioners) would clog up my razor and make it useless, even when the razor was brand new. (Yes, I washed my underarms before I shaved, I can't explain it.)

I've had that problem with a couple of different deodorants too. The kind I use now is Lady Speedstick with a scent renewal thing and "no white residue!" The damn stuff just doesn't seem to wash off very easily though. I use body wash on one of those puffball things and then scrubby gloves with St Ives apricot scrub. If I use just bodywash, then run my fingertips in my pits, there's this film sort of thing. Very odd.

As for the razor thing, right now I use a Venus, but most of the time I've used a man's razor just because they're cheaper. My husband just got one of the Gilette 5 blade razors. . .he absolutely loves it and won't let me use it at all, which is fair enough considering they're not out in NZ yet and we had to get it sent from the States. He has generously offered to let me have his 4-blader though, lol.

--------------------
He who angers you controls you.

Posts: 33 | From: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Methos Divino
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Methos Divino   Author's Homepage   E-mail Methos Divino   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Schick Quattro FTW.

--------------------
"But, what does it do?"
"It doesn't DO anything, that's the beauty of it."

Posts: 70 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Echinodermata Q. Taft
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Echinodermata Q. Taft   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Of course, there's always this product:

http://www.shaveeverywhere.com/index.html

(Verrrrry slightly NFBSK -- with bleeps.)

--------------------
http://eqtaft.blogspot.com

Hope for the future! http://www.runobama.com

Posts: 3218 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pob14
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pob14     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
pokes head in

listens for a few minutes

realizes he has probably been making a mistake for the last 20 years or so by using his blades for 6-8 weeks before replacing them

touches the large slice on his left cheek made by his currently month-old blade

hopes nobody has noticed him in the room

leaves

--------------------
Patrick

Posts: 576 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DemonWolf
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lil Orphan Annie:

If I could get away with it, I would borrow my husband's to use, but he'd probably notice.

[Wink]

My wife, out of desperation used my razor once (with a fresh blade). Then she went out and bought one of a different color and now she uses that.

AFAIK, it is not a law that you cannot use a man's razor on your legs (or other areas). I would reccoment some thought into the size and flexibilty of the blade, though. I beleive there is one that is quite flexible.

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 500 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lil Orphan Annie:
In my experience, it seems that men's razors tend to be more durable then women's. [Wink]

Probably because men shave daily whereas most women probably do not.

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Elwood
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elwood   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It might be more perception than reality, but it seems to me the angle of the venus helps shave a couple of places on my face and neck where the contour seems to prohibit as clean a shave from a Mach 3 or Norelco electric. I definitely grab Mooommmmeee's razor to "touch up" a couple of areas from time to time. She knows. She's okay with it.

--------------------
"If I didn't see it and didn't know it was a real news report, I wouldn't believe it. I mean, how nutty can you get?"-Pat Robertson Oct 26, 2006.

Posts: 2936 | From: Mean Streets of West Virginia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Little Pink Pill:
quote:
Originally posted by diehard:
I hate to say it Snopes but I used to sneek and use my dad's razor when I was young and yes (even if I left it just as he did) he knew. He would get all nicked and cut up so it does make a difference. [Wink] [Wink] I had been shaving my legs.

Oh my gosh, my dad used to get so mad about that, and even now my husband swears it dulls his blade, but I don't get it. My hair is a heck of a lot finer and softer than scrapey man hair, but it somehow does more damage? Why then can i use my razor 20 times before I see a difference, but my husband can only use his 3?
Shaving the entirety of both of your legs dulls the razor a lot more than shaving his face. A dull razor causes razorburn, which is pretty uncomfortable on one's face I'd imagine.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Covel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Covel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have used both mens and womens razors and I really think it depends on the brand. Some womens brands (like Daisy) are just terrible for me. Venus, however, works great with Venus blades or Mach 3.

Now if I think about it, really it makes sense that womens razors would seem to go dull faster- due to a larger area being covered on each shave (the area of skin on the legs is much larger than that covered by the average male when shaving). Would be interesting to have someone try a Mach 3 til it went dull and a Venus til it went dull and see how long each lasted.

On a side note: There is a Neutrogena face wash I used to use, it was designed for women. Pretty white and blue packing etc... There was also one for men with a dark grey packaging. I compared the two of them to find that the only difference was that the mans product had Salicylic Acid 1.5% versus a smaller amount, .5% or 1% i think it was, in the womens brand. The womens brand was almost $2 more. Just an observation...

--------------------
In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas

Posts: 10 | From: Elizabeth City, NC | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I use a man's Mach 3 razor. My husband still uses his trusty Gillette Trak II. I've tried to lure him to the dark side of three blades, but he won't budge.

My daughters use girl razors, but that's mostly because one of the girl brands has safety wires on it and that was what I got them till they learned how to shave safely. And now it is because that way we can know which razor is our own. (One uses the pink Venus, the other uses a blue girly Gillette thing).

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
liebeslied

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liebeslied     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
_Hijack attempt_
Does anyone know why women shave their legs? I do it rarely anymore, because I got tired of the effort and the cuts. If having smooth legs is so sexy, why don't men do it? There isn't much difference between men's and women's legs*, except that men's are a bit hairier to begin with.
Sometimes I imagine it all started with a scenario like this:

Man: Kiss me, my love!
Woman: I'faith, no, my lord. Thy whiskers burn my poor face! Wilt thou not to the barber?
Man: Marry, I shall. On one condition: thou shalt also see the barber concerning thy fuzzy shanks.
Woman turns red and slaps man, because women did not show their legs in public. The groundlings cheer and jeer.

*Yes, there's a difference "between the legs," but I'm comparing the *legs* here

liebes "I'm not bitter, I just don't get it " lied

Posts: 105 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diddy
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diddy   E-mail diddy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
If having smooth legs is so sexy, why don't men do it?
Thats a flawed method of thought. Men and women are biologically different from each other. I am sexcually aroused by seeing naked breasts (like most guys) Desn't mean that most women find man boobs attractive - unless I am terribly wrong of course...

--------------------
W.W.F.S.M.D?
But this image of Bush as some sort of Snidely Whiplash tying the fair maiden to the railroad tracks is beyond the pale. - Joe Bentley

Posts: 2311 | From: Minnnesota | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
monkey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
liebeslied, I'm not sure why women are expected to shave their legs, although in some cultures they don't. When I was a young teenager we opened up our home to a family that was immigrating from Russia. The mother was fairly young and would wear Daisy Duke type shorts, baring her hairy legs for all to see. Her husband found this incredibly attractive. The rest of us just tried not to look!

My sister went about three years without shaving. She decided she would shave her legs once she got engaged; I guess she didn't want guys to be drawn to her just because of her body. Which doesn't make too much sense considering she still wore makeup and dressed nicely (modestly, but nicely), so apparently she didn't mind being attractive. She finally waxed her legs recently because her boyfriend's mother convinced her to do so. Her boyfriend (now ex) is Egyptian, and apparently Egyptian women wax *everything* so the mother was appalled at my sister's hairy legs.

--------------------
http://sarahdwebber.wordpress.com/

Posts: 1490 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mags
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mags     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Women generally tend to have less body hair than men. Therefore, less hair means more feminine, so no hair means uber-feminine.

Unless it's on the head [Smile]

There was a guy I went to high school with who had some sort of socialization problem. He wasn't stupid (in fact he was almost idiot-savant like in some ways) but he just had real problems with interaction and proper behavior. He was more or less adopted by us band geeks, and we kept other people from picking on him, but it didn't stop band members from occasionally pulling his leg. One of my friends told him all the big movie stars were shaving their legs, that it was the new "in" thing for men. She claimed later she thought he knew she was joking/ she never expected him to do it. The next day, he had shaved his legs. Even though people were teasing him about it, he could not stop stroking his legs. I'm worried she set some fetish in motion for him.

That's probably another reason for leg shaving, at least before the stubble grows in, it feels really nice.

Posts: 550 | From: Springboro, OH | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mad Jay
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by liebeslied:
_Hijack attempt_
Does anyone know why women shave their legs? I do it rarely anymore, because I got tired of the effort and the cuts. If having smooth legs is so sexy, why don't men do it?

I've been trying to stop my wife from shaving her legs (mainly because after a few days the stubble tickles me a lot). The reason she shaves is because she doesn't want other women making comments about her legs when she wears a skirt or shorts.

--------------------
Nico Sasha
In between my father's fields;And the citadels of the rule; Lies a no-man's land which I must cross; To find my stolen jewel.

Posts: 4912 | From: VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
zerocool
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zerocool   E-mail zerocool   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I dont mind women with armpit hair or leg hair. I dont mind clean shaven either. The stubble though, thats a prickly issue. (lollerskatez!)
Posts: 336 | From: Currently: Jakarta Indonesia Australia Belgium Berkeley CA > Lima Peru< | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Echinodermata Q. Taft

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Echinodermata Q. Taft   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've heard it suggested it's a kind of youth-obsession thing -- young people having no body hair, men being attracted to young women, therefore removing leg hair = more attractive. Not sure if I buy this entirely, but maybe. (The person I heard putting forth the theory put it stronger, that it was an attempt to keep women socially in a state of pre-pubescence rather than seeing them as mature adults -- which I like to think most of us men are past, but I could be wrong there too.)

--------------------
http://eqtaft.blogspot.com

Hope for the future! http://www.runobama.com

Posts: 3218 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Raven Waift
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raven Waift   Author's Homepage   E-mail Raven Waift   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My SO doesn't mind my hairy legs- he says the hair is soft- and much better than stubble. Plus, I am horrible at shaving- so I usually end up with large gashes when I do try to shave.

The only time I shave is when a) my legs will be showing or b) when it gets hot out. I have to shave for my wedding [Frown]

--------------------
Whereas as you are dancing happily in the fields of ignorance through which the stream of stupidity bubbles and flows. -BlushingBride
My my space.

Posts: 656 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I started shaving my legs when I was young- for my 10th birthday, my mom got me an electric razor. The hair on my legs was so long it was causing my legs to itch when I wore jeans.

At least, that's the reason I started shaving.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Vivling
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vivling     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It took me a long time to come around, but I love the Venus Divine. For a long time I used the Women's Sensor Excel. I've also used Mach 3 and, to be honest, I can't tell the difference between the men's version and the women's. I won't use anything but the Venus razor, though. I have the world's boniest knees and a normal razor tears them to shreads.

The trick, I've found, is first stretching out the leg and shaving over the whole knee like it's any other leg part. Then I bend it completly and go over any parts that I missed. That way there are no pointy bones sticking up and catching the blade.

--------------------
Climb up, over the the top
Shake it, take control
You've got to find out for yourself whether or not you're truly trying
--Jason Mraz

Posts: 1686 | From: British Columbia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
liebeslied

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liebeslied     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by diddy:
quote:
If having smooth legs is so sexy, why don't men do it?
Thats a flawed method of thought. Men and women are biologically different from each other. I am sexcually aroused by seeing naked breasts (like most guys) Desn't mean that most women find man boobs attractive - unless I am terribly wrong of course...
Hm, I know you're not claiming to know what women are thinking...
Regardless, while leg hair is almost universal, it's rare to see boobs on a healthy man of normal weight. With the notable exception of MTF transsexuals who take hormones. You can argue that they're not men, but there is a significant and specific market for tranny porn, prostitutes, and craigslist hookups.

I like breasts, but I don't like fat guys.

Perhaps facial hair would be a better analogy. It's status quo among Mediterranean women, but generally considered unattractive.

liebes "If I could grow a decent mustache..." lied

Posts: 105 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Avril

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avril     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I read an article on this once. I'm not sure where. But essentially, women did not shave anything in the U.S. prior to the flapper look of the 1920's. Sleeveless dresses required armpits clear of hair. So razors started being marketed to women.

Then, noting a possibility of broadening the market and the rise in skirt lengths (as well as the scandalous rolling down of stockings), advertisers put out ads about removing unsightly hair from the legs.

This site seems to confirm it:

www.quikshave.com/timeline.htm

Avril

--------------------
There is no failure unless one stops. --Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2115 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Avril:
I read an article on this once. I'm not sure where. But essentially, women did not shave anything in the U.S. prior to the flapper look of the 1920's. Sleeveless dresses required armpits clear of hair. So razors started being marketed to women.

Well, sleeveless dresses certainly don't require armpits to be bare, but the flapper style demanded a young adolescent look, hence the shaven body parts. It was all lean, clean, and bare. Since the men weren't wearing styles that exposed skin, they didn't have to shave.

I do think the aesthetic standard goes part and parcel with the socialized preference for young women (hence the emphasis on unreasonably low body weight, line-free skin, etc.) I don't think that's a conscious preference all the time for all people, though, more of a follow-the-leader, Pavlovean response thing. I also doubt it's going to change anytime soon. Industries make a ton of money from the fight against aging.

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aimee Evilpixie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aimee Evilpixie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Aimee Evilpixie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I prefer the feel of having shaven legs, which is why I do it. My boyfriend agrees with me, which is why he shaves his legs. He shaves more sporadically than I do, though... Mostly in the summer. I stop shaving mine in the winter because I want the insulation, but once they get long enough to start tangling in my socks and pulling they get trimmed. We both shave our armpits because we find it cuts down on smell, and I hate the feel of having hairy armpits.

Aesthetically, I like looking at smooth legs and armpits more than I like looking at hairy legs and armpits, but I would never comment on someones' unshaven legs unless I was specifcally asked.

Aimee "Because that would be horribly rude, and I am never rude without provocation" Evilpixie

--------------------
Ugg want you find JESUS!

My website!

Posts: 1853 | From: Washington (The State) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nick Theodorakis
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Theodorakis   E-mail Nick Theodorakis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There also seems to be a fashion trend for body hair removal among males these days, especially for those of a younger generation than myself.

Nick

--------------------
Don't forget to register for the New ULMB.

Announcement here

Posts: 1089 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Xia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In disposable razors, I've never found a difference in mens vs. womens in general. Some brands/types are better or last longer than others, but not men's over women's. Example, the Daisy-type razors are very poor IME but another brand-- I forget the name, I think they're made by Schick- are fairly good.
In most types of disposable razors I pretty much have to use one razor per leg and then toss it. My skin is so sensitive that I'd get really nasty razor burn otherwise... The only razors I can use more than once are the Schick Intuition type with the disposable cartridge/head. I can usually use these until the surrounding cream is worn down or until it's hopelessly clogged, whichever comes first. I was very happy when I found these, since I no longer have to use one-per-leg. I have also found I can shave with the Intuition razor any time of day, whereas with the totally disposable razors I could shave only at night or I'd get razor burn (don't ask my why...)

--------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Posts: 2110 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GreenJeanz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreenJeanz   E-mail GreenJeanz   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I shave my legs because I don't like the LOOK of the hair(I am extremely fair skinned, almost looking like someone who has no pigment, but have jet black leg/pit/etc hair.) and it feels disgusting, like touching a brillo pad.

TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI!
Having a bush down there or on my armpits tends to also itch, sting and burn me because it's so rough. Sweating also makes it ten times worse.
TMI TMI TMI TMI over. [Razz]

I do prefer for a man to shave himself, but my boyfriend's body hair is very light and not course, so it's not much of a concern to me, except with the crotch area. I would want any guy to at least trim the pubes.

Posts: 35 | From: GA, USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages