snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » NFBSK » World's Best Divorce Letter (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: World's Best Divorce Letter
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 16 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: World's Best Divorce Letter

Dear Connie,

I know the counselor said we shouldn't contact each other during our "cooling off" period, but I couldn't wait anymore. The day you left, I swore I'd never talk to you again. But that was just the wounded little boy in me talking. Still, I never wanted to be the first one to make contact. In my fantasies, it was always you who would come crawling back to me. I guess my pride needed that. But now I see that my pride has cost me a lot of things. I'm tired of pretending I don't miss you. I don't care about looking bad anymore. I don't care who makes the first move as long as one of us does.

Maybe it's time we let our hearts speak as loudly as our hurt. And this is what my heart says "There's no one like you, Connie." I look for you in the eyes and breasts of every woman I see, but they're not you. They're not even close. Two weeks ago, I met this girl at Flamingos and brought her home with me. I don't say this to hurt you, but just to illustrate the depth of my desperation.

She was young, maybe 19, with one of those perfect bodies that only youth and maybe a childhood spent ice skating can give you. I mean, just a perfect body. Tits like you wouldn't believe and an ass that just wouldn't quit. Every man's dream, right? But as I sat on the couch being blown by this stunner, I thought, look at the stuff we've made important in our lives. It's all so superficial.

What does a perfect body mean? Does it make her better in bed? Well, in this case, yes, but you see what I'm getting at. Does it make her a better person? Does she have a better heart than my moderately attractive Connie? I doubt it. And I'm never really thought of that before.

I don't know, maybe I'm just growing up a little. Later, after I'm tossed her about a half a pint of throat yogurt, I found myself thinking, "Why do I feel so drained and empty?" It wasn't just her flawless technique or her slutty, shameless hunger, but something else. Some nagging feeling of loss. Why did it feel so incomplete? And then it hit me. It didn't feel the same because you weren't there to watch. Do you know what I mean? Nothing feels the same without you. Jesus, Connie, I'm just going crazy without you. And everything I do just reminds me of you.

Do you remember Carol, that single mom we met at the Holiday Inn lounge last year? Well, she dropped by last week with a pan of lasagna. She said she figured I wasn't eating right without a woman around. I didn't know what she meant till later, but that's not the real story.

Anyway, we had a few glasses of wine and the next thing you know, we're banging away in our old bedroom. And this tart's a total monster in the sack. She's giving me everything, you know, like a real woman does when she's not hung up about her weight or her career and whether the kids can hear us. And all of a sudden, she spots that tilting mirror on your grandmother's old vanity. So she puts it on the floor and we straddle it, right, so we can watch ourselves. And it's totally hot, but it makes me sad, too. Cause I can't help thinking, "Why didn't Connie ever put the mirror on the floor? We've had this old vanity for what, 14 years, and we never used it as a sex toy."

Saturday, your sister drops by with my copy of the restraining order. I mean, Vicky's just a kid and all, but she's got a pretty good head on her shoulders and she's been a real friend to me during this painful time. She's given me lots of good advice about you and about women in general. She's pulling for us to get back together, Connie, she really is. So we're doing Jell-O shots in a hot bubble bath and talking about happier times. Here's this teenage girl with the same DNA as you and all I can do is think of how much she looked like you when you were 18. And that just about makes me cry.

And then it turns out Vicky's really into the whole anal thing, that gets me to thinking about how many times I pressured you about trying it and how that probably fuelled some of the bitterness between us. But do you see how even then, when I'm thrusting inside your baby sister's cinnamon ring, all I can do is think of you. It's true, Connie. In your heart you must know it. Don't you think we could start over? Just wipe out all the grievances away and start fresh? I think we can.

If you feel the same please, please, please let me know.

Otherwise, can you let me know where the ****ing remote is.

Love, Dan

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Friends of Alfred
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friends of Alfred   E-mail Friends of Alfred   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Genius. Utter Genius!

--------------------
There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Posts: 735 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SantasHobbit
Frosty the Salesman

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantasHobbit     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's right next to your pack of condoms, you bullsh*tting bastard

Love, Connie

--------------------
Angsty little hobbitssssses

Posts: 336 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That was brilliant! Totally bogus and an obvious exercise in creative writing - but BRILLIANT!!

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That was disgusting, misogynistic, idiotic and poorly written.

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ew, I think I need a shower now...

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ink Rose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ink Rose   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ink Rose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought it was quite a clever parodying of 'disgusting, misogynistic, idiotic and poorly written' post divorce cause the guy is a jerk fantazy BS. Well i thought it was genius. >_O Or is it not?

Well intentional or not I still thought it was funny.

--------------------
Comic: http://elfhome.keenspace.com

Posts: 388 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
zman977
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zman977   Author's Homepage   E-mail zman977   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Starla:

That's why it was funny. [Smile]

--------------------
Check out the podcast at www.candidradio.com

Ever notice how we always fall in love? We never climb gently in to love, or step lightly in to love. If love is such a good thing than why is it described as a fall.

Posts: 918 | From: La Salle Illinois USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
robbiev - singin' off key
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbiev - singin' off key   Author's Homepage   E-mail robbiev - singin' off key   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
He should have said something about her mother.

--------------------
Every time I see a good looking woman, I think, "0oooh. There's another one I'll never have!"

Corvette. The louder you scream, the faster I'll go.

Posts: 1820 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
skippytoe
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skippytoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
throat yogurt + cinnamon ring = funny

--------------------
In the wheelchair people tower above me
Why doesn't God love me?
-M.C. Evil Jesus

Posts: 158 | From: Queens, NY | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
James D
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James D   E-mail James D   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hang on here...

A whole page full of sexually explicit material, quite uncensored.

And at the end a single swear word which suddenly becomes f***ing inappropriate for the audience and has to be *ed out?

NFBSKing brilliant. An ultrasubtle satire of how society gets caught up in minutia while ignoring the big picture. (e.g the Janet Jackson superbowl flash hoopla v. the vast amount of murder and crime on tv all but ignored).

--------------------
The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return. It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale.
Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - )

Posts: 244 | From: Ventura, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think the snopes naughty language filter is not manned by actual people, James D.

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I think the snopes naughty language filter is not manned by actual people, James D.
That's correct. Actually, it's manned by Oompa Loompas, and their standards are, as we all know (nudge nudge wink wink) a bit different.

Yep, bring it on, I deserve the fish. [fish]

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ink Rose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ink Rose   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ink Rose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Troberg... I love you! Marry me! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Comic: http://elfhome.keenspace.com

Posts: 388 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rsamboragal
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rsamboragal   Author's Homepage   E-mail rsamboragal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That was pretty funny. Sick, but funny. lol!

--------------------
www.myspace.com/azharleydiva

Posts: 65 | From: Goodyear, AZ | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Friends of Alfred:
Genius. Utter Genius!

Wow. Your standards of genius are pretty embracing, huh?

So trite, stupid, mysogynistic, blatently hateful, emotionally abusive and low brow = Genius?

Oh, that's right. We're living in the culture where the man show was considered to be cutting edge.

Ryda "no wonder people say americans are stupid. They're right" Wong

ETB: I just realized you're a brit. Guess things don't improve across the pond.

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morrigan
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morrigan   E-mail Morrigan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You really got issues, you know that Ryda?

You don't understand that people have different beliefs than you. You don't understand that people don't have different senses of humor.

Do you expect everyone to think and act like you? Cause that just ain't gonna happen. Especially with the way you just go around insulting people.

Morrigan

--------------------
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep." Robert Frost, Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening

Posts: 1701 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know--that does seem to be becoming contagious.

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morrigan
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morrigan   E-mail Morrigan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry, Chloe. I just read the other thread (the abortion thread) where Ryda get's a talkin' to.

Morrigan

--------------------
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep." Robert Frost, Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening

Posts: 1701 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No need to apologise, Morrigan. No one can keep track of the whole shebang, and I shouldn't assume that people have been following the same threads as I am (who knows what kind of madness develops daily over in Automobiles?).

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Morrigan:
You really got issues, you know that Ryda?

You don't understand that people have different beliefs than you. You don't understand that people don't have different senses of humor.

Oh, I do. I know plenty of people who find racist humor pretty hilarious. I don't see why we shouldn't call them out as well. YMMV, but being a sexist or racist jerk does not genius make. It just makes you a sexist or racist jerk.

"She's giving me everything, you know, like a real woman does when she's not hung up about her weight or her career" From the OP. Oh, yeah, that tired old sterotype that's still leveled against women to make them feel less than human and less deserving of real emotions or real goals is, well....Genius!

So, are we going to follow this up with posts proclaiming the genius of holocaust humor? Or anti-immigrant humor? Or humor about how african americans are less than human? Ohhh. What about some nice child molestation jokes. I've heard a few of those. I'm sure they're genius too.

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morrigan
Happy Holly Days

I for one thought that it was what Malruhn said. It was brilliant.

I thought that the delivery was well done.

And just because you find something funny doesn't mean that your a racist or sexist.

Morrigan

--------------------

rsamboragal
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rsamboragal   Author's Homepage   E-mail rsamboragal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ryda-Lighten up. The letter wasn't written to or about you. Don't take it seriously. It's not real. For someone who reference's Lindsay Lohan's vagina in her signature, you certainly get offended easily...

--------------------

Posts: 65 | From: Goodyear, AZ | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Starla:

Agreed on all 4 counts. It was also 2 minutes of my life I won't get back. Oh well at least I never have to read it again!

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rsamboragal:
Ryda-Lighten up. The letter wasn't written to or about you. Don't take it seriously. It's not real.

Thank heaven you explained that. I'm sure Ryda was convinced that the letter was real, written to and about her. Now that she knows it was written with the intention of using the humiliation of an imaginary woman for humorous effect, she'll feel completely different about it.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey Blue
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
What about some nice child molestation jokes. I've heard a few of those.
Whats the best part about NFBSK'ing twenty.. Er.. Nevermind [Smile]

--------------------
"All people are responsible for the good that they didn't do"

Posts: 4774 | From: Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sara at home

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara at home   E-mail Sara at home   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Of course marriage is all about sex, hard bodies, blow jobs. I'm sure Corrine is all broken up that she can't grow old with dear Dan. He sounds like a real prize. How is that funny? Someone explain it to me.

And while you're at it, quote the part where Ryda insulted someone.

--------------------
Assume that all my posts will be edited at least once. Dyslexic -- can't spell, can't type, can't proofread.

Posts: 8317 | From: Reading, PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morrigan
Happy Holly Days

"Wow. Your standards of genius are pretty embracing, huh? "

That passes as an insult to me.

Morrigan

--------------------

tribrats
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Dan,

I took the remote with me. There was a reason I wanted the one with the vibrate feature.

Something you should know about Carol. She has VD. I know this because your brother told me. He's the one that gave it to her. He got it from my sister. He almost gave them to me but he found out just in time. But for a moment there, we were sweating it. We didn't know if she gave it to him before or after I screwed him.

Boy, was your father relieved! He wasn't sure how he was going to explain giving your mother a VD.

Connie

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sara at home

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara at home   E-mail Sara at home   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No more so than what you said to Ryda, maybe even less so because she was talking more about the piece of fiction under discussion and not the people making the comments.

--------------------
Assume that all my posts will be edited at least once. Dyslexic -- can't spell, can't type, can't proofread.

Posts: 8317 | From: Reading, PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morrigan
Happy Holly Days

No, she was clearly speaking about the person making the comment of "Genius."

I don't have a problem with anyone not liking it. I don't have a problem with anyone saying why they don't like it. What I don't like is when someone insults someone's intelligence because a person does like it.

Morrigan

--------------------

Sara at home

She questioned their standards of genius. Apparently you took it personally.

How do your justify your mean spirited comments clearly aimed at Ryda?

--------------------

rsamboragal
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 302 posted      Profile for rsamboragal   Author's Homepage   E-mail rsamboragal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lainie:
quote:
Originally posted by rsamboragal:
Ryda-Lighten up. The letter wasn't written to or about you. Don't take it seriously. It's not real.

Thank heaven you explained that. I'm sure Ryda was convinced that the letter was real, written to and about her. Now that she knows it was written with the intention of using the humiliation of an imaginary woman for humorous effect, she'll feel completely different about it.
Wow...you have quite the chip on your shoulder. And just out of sheer morbid curiosity, are you Ryda's mom or something? Perhaps her self-appointed guardian angel?
My point was/is that the letter is nothing to get your knickers in a bunch over. It seemed as if she was feeling personally attacked by something that is absolutely nothing more than a silly antecdote. She's acting as if the letter was personally written to her and we're all here laughing at her and high-fiving the jackass that wrote it. I'm not sure how this silly "letter" became so serious. It's a joke. You don't find humor in it. Fine. No one is forcing you to laugh at it. But don't belittle those who do find it funny. By the way, wouldn't life be more fun if you weren't constantly looking for people who are out to get you by saying something that might be remotely offensive? Again, I say learn to lighten up. "Sticks and stones, love. Sticks and stones."

--------------------

Frozen Charlotte
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frozen Charlotte   E-mail Frozen Charlotte   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I agree that this is obnoxious, hateful, and simply not funny.

What stood out to me more than anything though was the use of the most ridiculous euphemism for @sshole ever. Cinnamon ring? Puh-lease!

I have to wonder what the adjective refers to--the color (brown?), the feel (cinnamon is essentially treebark--rough and dry), the smell (I doubt it), the taste?

Frozen "a rose is a rose is a rose" Charlotte

Posts: 64 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rsamboragal
I Saw Three Shipments

quote:
Originally posted by Sara at home:

And while you're at it, quote the part where Ryda insulted someone.

Okay. How about here:

"Ryda "no wonder people say americans are stupid. They're right" Wong

ETB: I just realized you're a brit. Guess things don't improve across the pond."

She called all Americans and Brits stupid in one fell swoop! Pretty impressive.

--------------------

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages