snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » NFBSK » World's longest poo (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: World's longest poo
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 86 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Just curious as to the validity of this partcularly pleasant
corner of the web:

http://www.poormojo.org/pmjadaily/archives/006472.php

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
alicia
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alicia   Author's Homepage   E-mail alicia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
jeez, man. ugh.
Posts: 131 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Paul Ortego
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Ortego   E-mail Paul Ortego   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Now THAT is an example of good colon health.

I... I think. Can't really vouch for the validity, but I can vouch for the fact that whoever's doing that is crazy.

Posts: 60 | From: Shreveport, LA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
alicia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alicia   Author's Homepage   E-mail alicia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The weeklong endurance prior to the event was ensured by the employment of a plug specifically designed to curtail any premature excretions.
so, do you think they got this idea from those TERRIBLE bonsai kittens? have you heard about that? it's a darn shame what they're doing to those kittens [Razz]
Posts: 131 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spc. Sharki
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spc. Sharki   E-mail Spc. Sharki   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
With out video of the event happening, I'm skepical. And what kind of bowling alley would agree to let some weirdo take a 26 foot dump on one of their lanes?

--------------------
Let your TV bleed- Tom Petty

Posts: 329 | From: Wiesbaden, Germany | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Stoneage Dinosaur
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stoneage Dinosaur   E-mail Stoneage Dinosaur   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Apparently fake, according to both Hallwalls and Village Voice

quote:
"I think people want to believe," surmises the artist. Her World Records could only seem authentic in a world where so many extreme acts have resulted in so much art for so long. Last year at another gallery, Hines exhibited stills from World Record #4: Peristaltic Action, in which she supposedly deposited the world's longest shit down the length of a bowling alley. And she fooled people there too (since, according to New Art Examiner, some gallery goers were offended).

--------------------
"You learn something new every day if you're not careful" - Wilf Lunn

Posts: 893 | From: Durham City, England | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dear Babby
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dear Babby     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't quite imagine duck-walking for 24 feet while streaming a turd. Besides plugging it in for a week, and all the rest of the unbelievables.

Edited for spelling

Posts: 326 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SJActress
Eagle Opportunity Employer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SJActress   E-mail SJActress   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That was pretty disgusting...love your comment though, Babby. That got me laughing!

--------------------
This is not actually how I sign my name.

Posts: 6 | From: Houston,TX | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amigone201
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amigone201   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You see that turd? That's twenty-six feet long. That's very, very long, much like God's eternal love for all humans.

--------------------
Check out my blog! http://fundiewatch.blogspot.com

Posts: 1527 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No, Amigone, not Turd-Glurge!

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SJActress
Eagle Opportunity Employer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SJActress   E-mail SJActress   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That was pretty disgusting...love your comment though, Babby. That got me laughing!

--------------------
This is not actually how I sign my name.

Posts: 6 | From: Houston,TX | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bethntim
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bethntim         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dear Babby:
I can't quite imagine duck-walking for 24 feet while streaming a turd. Besides pluging it in for a week, and all the rest of the unbelievables.

YOMANK [Big Grin] [lol] [Big Grin] [lol]

All I can say is Holy Crap!

--------------------
Take only pictures, leave only footprints...

Posts: 255 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bethntim
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bethntim         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
WAFFLES

--------------------
Take only pictures, leave only footprints...

Posts: 255 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheBobo
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So she was full of shit afterall.

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bassist
Chess Nuts Boasting 'Round an Open Fire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bassist   E-mail Bassist   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
26 feet? I vote faked, somehow - and I've not seen any pictures or viewed the article.

The entire length of an average human's small intestine is around 30 feet, and their large intestine is around 7 feet. Since the contents of their small intestine are fairly liquid (the large intestine is used mostly to remove excess water and electrolytes, if I remember correctly), the longest stool wouldn't be much over five feet (even counting for restriction in diameter from their anal sphincter) in my opinion. Even with plugging everything for up to one week, only the large intestine would be used to remove water (therefore solidifying the wastes).

--------------------
"I'm singing and deranged!"

Posts: 239 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bassist:
26 feet? I vote faked, somehow - and I've not seen any pictures or viewed the article.

The entire length of an average human's small intestine is around 30 feet, and their large intestine is around 7 feet. Since the contents of their small intestine are fairly liquid (the large intestine is used mostly to remove excess water and electrolytes, if I remember correctly), the longest stool wouldn't be much over five feet (even counting for restriction in diameter from their anal sphincter) in my opinion. Even with plugging everything for up to one week, only the large intestine would be used to remove water (therefore solidifying the wastes).

See Sleepless' post

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SanguinePenguin
Ika and Tina Tuna

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SanguinePenguin   E-mail SanguinePenguin   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Turd Glurge"!!! I love it!! Possible new category???
Posts: 119 | From: Nashville | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm impressed. Nobody said "this is a load of shit" or "this is no shit."

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
High-fiber diet + plug in one's butt for a week = a recipe for obstruction rather than one for a really long poo if you ask me.

I vote full of, well, you know.... [Wink]

- Pseudo "holy sh*t story" Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dear Babby
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dear Babby     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My first YOMANK! What a way to "go".
Posts: 326 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bounder
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bounder     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Isn't this kinda like an S & M thing?
Posts: 15 | From: Iowa | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dear Babby:
I can't quite imagine duck-walking for 24 feet while streaming a turd. Besides plugging it in for a week, and all the rest of the unbelievables.

Edited for spelling

LMAO! Too funny.

Edited because I finally decided to look at the pics.

I figured there would be a pic of a 26 foot long turd- they can't even offer that. The least they could do would be to 'Shop something.

Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snapdragonfly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapdragonfly     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
that's bullshit, if you'll excuse the expression.

-and anyway, if you consumed a high fiber diet augmented by fiber laxatives for a week, no damn plug would do the trick. Ever had to answer natures' call while you were, for example, stuck in traffic or otherwise not convenient to a potty? Man, after a certain amount of time past the "hey there, this is your colon knocking" point, and nature's gonna have her way regardless of a plug.

-gad, who would ever even *think* of something like that? I'm so glad that my life is full of all sorts of meaningful things, so that beyond the immediate practical matter of answering nature when she calls, I don't think about poop very much or find myself dwelling on how to make up a ridiculous prank involving poo poo. Lordy.
*off to take a shower* ick.

--------------------
"Wolves, dragons and vampires, man. Draw the nut-bars like big ol' nut-bar magnets." ~evilrabbit

(snurched because one of my nutbar family members is all about wolves and another one is all about dragons...)(with apologies to surfcitydogdad)

Posts: 2397 | From: Texarkana, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not touching the authenticity of the thing with a barge-pole - but the clock at bottom right gave me a chuckle.

If I'd been corked for a week on a fibre-rich diet, it wouldn't take me 20 minutes to offload.

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joseph Z
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joseph Z   E-mail Joseph Z   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I would have vote fake too. Come on. Who would want to measure how long you can make a turd?

Turd shot out of your rear the farthest distance on camera, maybe.

--------------------
Joseph Z

Posts: 1356 | From: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
notgillcup
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notgillcup     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Phoney super-turd: what a subject for my maiden post. [lol]

If there is a place a 26 foot turd would feel at home, Detroit is it! (I know. I used to live there.)

I just previewed my post and happened to see my sig line. I promise, I had completely forgotten about it when I decided to post on this topic. It makes this subject even more appropriate for my maiden post. [Wink]

Posts: 264 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lindiglo

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lindiglo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Lindiglo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by notgillcup:

If there is a place a 26 foot turd would feel at home, Detroit is it! (I know. I used to live there.)

I just previewed my post and happened to see my sig line. I promise, I had completely forgotten about it when I decided to post on this topic. It makes this subject even more appropriate for my maiden post. [Wink]

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, to our lovely little snopes family. [Big Grin]

and regarding the OP...there really are some classy, classy people in the world.
-L

--------------------
A woman's dress should be like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view.
-Sophia Loren

Posts: 1835 | From: Toronto | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
notgillcup
Deck the Malls

Icon 04 posted      Profile for notgillcup     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lindiglo:
quote:
Originally posted by notgillcup:

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, to our lovely little snopes family. [Big Grin]

and regarding the OP...there really are some classy, classy people in the world.
-L

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! Yeah, nothing says "class" like squatting bare-bummed over a bowling alley lane with simulated super-poo. [lol]
Posts: 264 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dogwater
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogwater   E-mail Dogwater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*Disgusting Real Life Account*Disgusting Real Life Account*Disgusting Real Life Account*Disgusting Real Life Account*Disgusting Real Life Account*Disgusting Real Life Account*Disgusting Real Life Account*Disgusting Real Life Account*

OK, you've been warned:

While in college, a roommate of mine broke a bottle of Drakar cologne in the bathroom (this will become important later).
That weekend, after a particular nasty night of drinking, the same roomate went to "drop the kids off at the pool". During his rather long session, I left to do whatever (probably buy some aspirin...). I returned several hours later to an empty apartment, except for...drum roll, please...

THE LONGEST SHIT I"D EVER SEEN in the toilet. It wrapped around 1 1/2 times. Amused, I didn't flush it. When D (the shitter) returned home, I asked him why he left that, to which he replied: "Did you see the size of that thing? I wanted you guys to see it". Well, I couldn't fault him on that. It was truly a masterpiece.

Problem was -- you'll remember the Drakar incident I wrote of--the apartment had taken on a decidedly sick smell of Drakar and shit.

Anyway, never before or since had I witnessed anything like it. It is only upon writing this that I now recall that the bowl was free of toilet tissue. I am not sure, but I guess that he was so careful about his work that he deposited the tissue outside of the pot so as not to disturb the landscape...a true artist.

--------------------
As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Posts: 1679 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jonny T
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jonny T   Author's Homepage   E-mail Jonny T   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*applause*

that, my friend, is the sign of creative genius. much impressed.

--------------------
Hello, I love you - won't you tell me your name?
Hello! I'm good for nothing - will you love me just the same?

Greetings from the dark side...

Posts: 2731 | From: York/Reading, England | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snapdragonfly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapdragonfly     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
ugh.

Okay, that made me remember that my cousins used to rate their bowel movements by size, color, smell, and character.

And I'm really sorry that memory didn't stay repressed.

And I think I was adopted.

--------------------
"Wolves, dragons and vampires, man. Draw the nut-bars like big ol' nut-bar magnets." ~evilrabbit

(snurched because one of my nutbar family members is all about wolves and another one is all about dragons...)(with apologies to surfcitydogdad)

Posts: 2397 | From: Texarkana, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sabrina_Fairchild

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sabrina_Fairchild   Author's Homepage   E-mail Sabrina_Fairchild   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This reminds me of this thing that I read that Jeff Foxworthy said he did with his brother when they were little. They set out to make a really, really huge turd out of mud. I don't remember how huge it was, but it was probably bigger than the both of them. Then they tried to trick their mom into thinking one of them did it. Needlesss to say, she thought they were full of crap. [Big Grin]

--------------------
As heard on "Street Smarts":
Q: Chicago has 2 professional baseball teams. The Cubs and....what is the other one? Hint: It's something you probably don't wear a lot.

Girl: Underwear?

Posts: 178 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eleanor
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eleanor   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stoneage Dinosaur:

quote:
"I think people want to believe," surmises the artist.

That's sweet. You could make a turd-glurge with that, involving a little boy with cancer who finds inspiration in a 26-foot pythonic poo.

--------------------

Posts: 619 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
First Amongst Daves
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for First Amongst Daves   Author's Homepage   E-mail First Amongst Daves   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spc. Sharki:
With out video of the event happening, I'm skepical. And what kind of bowling alley would agree to let some weirdo take a 26 foot dump on one of their lanes?

More importantly, did she get a strike?

--------------------
Dave's boards:

incandescent

Posts: 255 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bettie Page Turner
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettie Page Turner   E-mail Bettie Page Turner   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No. She got a gut-ter ball.

I'll get it... [fish]

--------------------
You fail to consider, for such is the tyranny of fashion, that the swan is not a slim animal... -Jincy Kornhauser, Melinda Falling

Posts: 1762 | From: Charleston, West Virginia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages