snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » NFBSK » Sideways vaginas (Page 0)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Sideways vaginas
LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I don't think so. I've always thought it's the tip and underside of the penis that's most sensitive. But the guys can answer that.

Separately, it's nice of you to offer (I think) to let science pursue this (now this is real physics). If I were a guy, I'd volunteer to take you up (or down) on the offer. Obviously, you'll report the results in (breath-taking) detail.

Yes, indeed it is (at least for me) the underside that is most sensitive. And I happen to tilt to the left slightly. And anyone who thinks it would make a difference is welcome to try their hand...or, um, any other body part.

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Steph Summers
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steph Summers   E-mail Steph Summers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Maple,

Thanks, but I'll take your word for it.

Posts: 141 | From: Newport, RI | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Floater
Xboxing Day

Icon 37 posted      Profile for Floater   Author's Homepage   E-mail Floater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Don Enrico:
In a crime novel by the Swedish authors May Sjöwall/Per Wahlöö, one of the main charakters has a Samish wife. He, too, is asked whether she has her vagina sideways.

And he answers that it is a widely held misconception. Unfortunately, whatever Sami women I know I only know in a non-biblical sense so understandably I cannot verify it.

--------------------
Små hönor skall inte lägga stora ägg för då blir de slarviga i ändan

Posts: 1334 | From: Sweden | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
G.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for G.   E-mail G.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This topic is useless without pictures. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 104 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Steph Summers

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steph Summers   E-mail Steph Summers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Can't you just feel your way?
Posts: 141 | From: Newport, RI | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have felt a change in sensation from changing angles with a given partner, so I would expect at least that the sensations would be "out of phase." That is, one might find that entering Ms. A and Ms. B at the same angle would not produce the same sensation, but entering at angles (alpha) and (beta), respectively, would produce the same sensation, and entering at angles (alpha)+(gamma) and (beta)+(gamma) would also.

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Steph Summers

I suggest you keep your protractor at home...ans sine-off. I think you're better off with a biology lab than a geometry lesson.
Mad Jay
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay Temple:
I have felt a change in sensation from changing angles with a given partner, so I would expect at least that the sensations would be "out of phase." That is, one might find that entering Ms. A and Ms. B at the same angle would not produce the same sensation, but entering at angles (alpha) and (beta), respectively, would produce the same sensation, and entering at angles (alpha)+(gamma) and (beta)+(gamma) would also.

Jay Temple, you are not considering other factors like position of the woman's body, positioning of hips, the shape and softness of bed. Most men instinctively adjust the angle of peneteration by delta, to correct for external factors

Angle of insertion for woman A = alpha + delta
Angle of insertion for woman B = alpha + gamma + delta

where alpha = angle required for particular sensation
delta = correction factor to correct for external factors
gamma = correction factor to correct for the tilt in woman B's vagina

I think in most instances, delta >> gamma, so gamma can be ignored. Even if gamma is comparable to delta, most men will instictively adjust delta to correct for gamma. So, for practical purposes, we can ignore gamma. Gamma might come into play, when delta is at it's limits, and the male is unable to adjust delta anymore.

--------------------
Nico Sasha
In between my father's fields;And the citadels of the rule; Lies a no-man's land which I must cross; To find my stolen jewel.

Posts: 4912 | From: VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Can't you just feel your way?
Oh yes! YES! Anyone up for grabs? Please?

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Drainfluid
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drainfluid   E-mail Drainfluid   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Jay:
quote:
Originally posted by Jay Temple:

Jay Temple, you are not considering other factors like position of the woman's body, positioning of hips, the shape and softness of bed. Most men instinctively adjust the angle of peneteration by delta, to correct for external factors

Angle of insertion for woman A = alpha + delta
Angle of insertion for woman B = alpha + gamma + delta

where alpha = angle required for particular sensation
delta = correction factor to correct for external factors
gamma = correction factor to correct for the tilt in woman B's vagina

I think in most instances, delta >> gamma, so gamma can be ignored. Even if gamma is comparable to delta, most men will instictively adjust delta to correct for gamma. So, for practical purposes, we can ignore gamma. Gamma might come into play, when delta is at it's limits, and the male is unable to adjust delta anymore.

Is this what you guys think about to avoid premature ejaculation?
Posts: 305 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Steph Summers

No wonder there's no attention given to the g-spot.
SuperMang
Ron Mexico

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SuperMang     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
As a person of Chinese descent, I cant help but to feel immensely sickened by this topic. Ive never even heard of this UL before.

quote:
Originally posted by pob14:
My daughters are Chinese, and although their vaginas are quite young (as indeed are the rest of their bodies), neither of them go sideways.

Should either of them turn as they age, I will keep you all posted, you sick NFBSKers. [Razz]

Im sure you were just being sarcastic, but still. Thats pretty fucking disturbing.
Posts: 8 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Drainfluid:
Is this what you guys think about to avoid premature ejaculation?

Well, I've always stuck with trying to name five Bruce Springsteen songs that don't mention a woman's name or any form of transportation. But you know, this just might be a better method.

--------------------
Another lifetime I'd have fallen in love with you
Swept away by my feelings, ashamed and confused
But just now it's enough to be walking with you
Let the mystery play as it will! -Lui Collins

Posts: 2669 | From: Jouy en Josas, France | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MapleLeaf:
Yes, indeed it is (at least for me) the underside that is most sensitive.

Really? Cause I always paid extra attention to that little bundle of nerves right below the head on the top side. Always gets me good results.

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
robbiev - singin' off key
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbiev - singin' off key   Author's Homepage   E-mail robbiev - singin' off key   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
damned taco shaped waffles....

deleted because someone else (that I linked to) let their domain expire apparently.

--------------------
Every time I see a good looking woman, I think, "0oooh. There's another one I'll never have!"

Corvette. The louder you scream, the faster I'll go.

Posts: 1820 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
robbiev - singin' off key

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbiev - singin' off key   Author's Homepage   E-mail robbiev - singin' off key   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steph Summers:
No wonder there's no attention given to the g-spot.

The what? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Every time I see a good looking woman, I think, "0oooh. There's another one I'll never have!"

Corvette. The louder you scream, the faster I'll go.

Posts: 1820 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Steve
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laser Potato:
quote:
Originally posted by Brad from Georgia:
My conservative friends tell me that female NPR commentators have vaginas that lean toward the left. Does that count?

Ah yes, this is what passes for "humor" among wingnuts.
Sad, isn't it?

No, I found it pretty funny.

And shouldn't there be some rule about having make up a comeback rather than just using quotation marks? I mean, I'm not the wittiest guy on earth, but come on...

Posts: 1699 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ravensbane
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ravensbane         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This topic reminds me of a cherished moment for me in director Robert Altman's film MCCABE AND MRS. MILLER; a film that--typically of Altman's films--is full of intentionally overlapped dialogue.

A couple of miners are looking over Constance Miller`s string of prostitutes which include an attractive Asian. As the camera lingers on her we hear a miner's line of dialogue on the soundtrack rise above the overlapping babble:

"Naw...if that were true, their legs would fall off !"

[Smile]

--------------------
"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives."
Dr. Charles Fisher, psychoanalyst and sleep researcher.

Posts: 671 | From: Los Angeles, California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jaime Vargas Sanchez

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaime Vargas Sanchez   E-mail Jaime Vargas Sanchez   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ryda Wong:
Really? Cause I always paid extra attention to that little bundle of nerves right below the head on the top side. Always gets me good results.

Um which one? (Yes I know it's sad you have to tell me where I have a bundle of nerves, but maybe is that I'm not understanding your directions. Perhaps a picture would help).

Jaime

--------------------
"Everyone has problems. They only vary in design" - Mama Duck

Posts: 4988 | From: Spain | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jaime Vargas Sanchez

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaime Vargas Sanchez   E-mail Jaime Vargas Sanchez   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And that was an honest question.

--------------------

Posts: 4988 | From: Spain | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
murphyl:new and improved
Baby 100 Grand

Icon 1 posted      Profile for murphyl:new and improved   E-mail murphyl:new and improved   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay, I'm sorry. I really don't want to hijack this thread, but while I was researching this (which is what I presumed Ryda was speaking of)...I came up with THIS. Um...I guess you learn something new every day...wow.
Posts: 4 | From: Bremerton, Washington | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jaime Vargas Sanchez:
And that was an honest question.

I know. It's just that I'm on these boards at work, so, well, looking for cock illustrations isn't the best thing to do....

I became aware of this due to a lover with peircings. The rings went under the nerve bundle, making it eaiser to see.

Go exploring! It's there. I promise.

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.

Oh, and murphyl got it right. The first link, that is.

--------------------

Jaime Vargas Sanchez

quote:

Aaaaaah. That's where the confusion arises. You described that as being on the "top" side (I assume dividing "top" and "bottom" transversally).

I consider that the "underside" (dividing longitudinally).

Jaime

--------------------

Ryda Wong, EBfCo.

quote:
Originally posted by Jaime Vargas Sanchez:
quote:

Aaaaaah. That's where the confusion arises. You described that as being on the "top" side (I assume dividing "top" and "bottom" transversally).

I consider that the "underside" (dividing longitudinally).

Jaime

Sorry! It's easier to show than tell. [Razz]

--------------------

ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 05 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steph Summers:
I think Jay is right. When erect, many men "tilt" left or right (I don't know the medical term for this "problem"), but for me the insertion feels just as good and they seem to get off as well as any other men I've had.

I suggest Noc just relax, tilt your head back and enjoy.....forget about it.

I guess Ms. Summers isn't really posting anymore, but I find it odd that she's telling Nocturnal Goddess to relax and forget about whether or not her vagina shape affects men's performance when she (Ms. Summers) was the one to bring it up in the first place.

Anyway the frenulum is a handy little nerve bundle isn't it.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
fictional lie
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fictional lie   Author's Homepage   E-mail fictional lie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had not been aware of slanting vaginas in Asian women. Too bad it appears to not be true.

ALTHOUGH, I have heard that they have several more muscles in their vaginal cavity than any other race, therefore making sex with them that much more "controled."

--------------------
I am nothing but I'm more than you will ever be

Posts: 61 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Drainfluid
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drainfluid   E-mail Drainfluid   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So what you are saying is that Asian women aren't human but rather some alien life-form?
Posts: 305 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GI Joe
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GI Joe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
At the risk of dragging this thread further down . . .

I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned to conclusion of the "Asian women have sideways vaginas" story. In the interest of complete degradation, here it is.

First you have to understand that they aren't really refering to the actual vagina, but the orientation of the vulva. A 'slight' lack of precision in terminology common to beery jokes on naughty subjects. So the vulva then is supposed 'slanted' so that its ends point to the woman's legs, rather than towards the bellybutton, Women so blessed with sideways 'vaginas' are therefore highly desired because when they spread their legs, it [so the joke goes] tightens the, uh, fit. [Imagine how the opening of an envelope closes when you pull from the corners - oh, never mind.]

OK, so it loses something in the explanation and isn't all that funny in the first place. Unless it's 2 AM, you struck out with all the real live women, and you're drunk. At least that's what the older boys say . . .

Anyway, that's how the joke went when I first heard it as a yonker. Coincidently I just read a version of it in a scifi book a month or so ago.

--------------------
Once a Warrior Prince

Posts: 496 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DougW

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DougW     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
For what it's worth (nothing) I heard this from a few different friends in middle school and early highschool. I never actually believed it, but I guess it is a pretty wide spread (hehe) rumour.

Oh, and I point slightly up and to the right, since we're sharing.
[Smile]

Posts: 154 | From: NewCastle, DE | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"How's it hanging?"
"Small, shrivelled, and to the left"

(I'm having a clearance on points. 500 Points, who wants 'em?)

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aimee Evilpixie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aimee Evilpixie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Aimee Evilpixie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
"How's it hanging?"

Liar Liar.

But technically, it's, "Short, shriveled, and always to the left."

Aimee "I have no life, it would seem" Evilpixie

--------------------
Ugg want you find JESUS!

My website!

Posts: 1853 | From: Washington (The State) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aimee Evilpixie:
quote:
"How's it hanging?"

Liar Liar.

But technically, it's, "Short, shriveled, and always to the left."

Aimee "I have no life, it would seem" Evilpixie

but you do have 500 points...... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree

500 points it is. Would your like 500 points credited to your Snopes account for future dispensing? Or would you prefer cold, hard points?

--------------------
-Silas Sparkhammer

Mistletoey Chloe
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
BTW, if anyone has snopes points coming to them from a structured settlement, I'd be happy to take them off their hands for a lump sum of snopes points during these hard times.

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages