snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Glurge Gallery » The Candle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Candle
Chocklit
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 501 posted      Profile for Chocklit     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
THE CANDLE

NOTICE AT THE END, THE DATE THE CANDLE WAS STARTED. GONNA GIVE YOU GOOSE BUMPS.

I am not going to be the one who lets it die. I
found it believable -- angels have walked beside me
all my life--and they still do.

This is to all of you who mean something to me,

I pray for your happiness.

The Candle Of Love, Hope & Friendship

()
|---|
|---|
|---|
|---|
|---|
|---|
|---|

This candle was lit on the
15th of September, 1998.

Someone who loves you has helped
keep it alive by sending it to you.

Don't let The Candle of Love, Hope
and Friendship die! Pass It On To All
Of Your Friends and Everyone You Love!
May God richly bless you as (sic)

Please keep this candle alive

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

--------------------
"Jesus must be spinning in his grave." - Barney Gumble

Posts: 26 | From: Burns Lake, BC, Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lil' Molly
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lil' Molly   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Forgive my ignorance, but I did try Google to find out before posting; what is the significance of the date? Why is it supposed to 'give me goosebumps'? Is it because I'm supposed to be in awe of how long this useless tripe has been floating around cyberspace?

--------------------
... and now back to your regularly scheduled lurking.

I have 15 points and owe 1 keyboard!

Posts: 394 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ink Rose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ink Rose   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ink Rose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
YAY! CANDLES FIRE YAY! *picks up this glurge and lights it on fire* See, problem solved!

--------------------
Comic: http://elfhome.keenspace.com

Posts: 388 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 96 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lil' Molly:
Forgive my ignorance, but I did try Google to find out before posting; what is the significance of the date? Why is it supposed to 'give me goosebumps'? Is it because I'm supposed to be in awe of how long this useless tripe has been floating around cyberspace?

Maybe 9/15 is the glurger's birthday.
At first I thought this waste of server space had been around since the 9/11 atrocities.

Dawn--this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!--Storm

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 27 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Today's 9/15! I'm reading this on 9/15!

LESCARY!!1!!1!1!!!sixminusfive!!!!!

Otherwise, I got nothing.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
EeyoreCorbie
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 99 posted      Profile for EeyoreCorbie   E-mail EeyoreCorbie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DawnStorm:
quote:
Originally posted by Lil' Molly:

Maybe 9/15 is the glurger's birthday.
At first I thought this waste of server space had been around since the 9/11 atrocities.

Dawn--this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!--Storm

Well, it's my birthday, but this sure would make a crappy present.

--------------------
It sure is bright in the dark future.
"He carries his anger around like a dead skunk."
Ignorance is sad. Willfull ignorance is bad. Willfully spreading ignorance is evil.

Posts: 95 | From: Washington | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cabcere
A View to a Krill

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cabcere   E-mail Cabcere   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy birthday, EeyoreCorbie! I hope none of your birthday cards/presents contain glurge.

[fish]

~Cab "sorry, couldn't resist" cere

Posts: 56 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ink Rose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ink Rose   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ink Rose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My dad's vaguely PcM side of the family reguarly makes me feel like vomiting with their glurgy cards. Compelte with teddy bears, crappy music, and glurgey sayings.

--------------------
Comic: http://elfhome.keenspace.com

Posts: 388 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gg83
Deck the Malls

Icon 501 posted      Profile for Gg83         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When I read the bit about goosebumps, I assumed that the date was either going to be Sept. 10, 2001 or Sept. 11, (some date before 2001). I was also confused when it turned out to be Sept. 15, as that date has no significance that I know of, but now I think that Lil' Molly guessed right, and we're supposed to be paying more attention to the year. As in, "OMG this has been going around for EIGHT WHOLE YEARS that's like forever on the Interwebs!!!!" (Why do I suddenly feel old?)

And happy belated birthday, EeyoreCorbie!

--------------------
More Snape in drag. Seriously, man, that just improves any book. Like, A Tale of Two Cities? TEN TIMES BETTER if Madame Defarge is really Snape in drag with a bad knitting habit.

Posts: 241 | From: Land of Lincoln, IL | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages