snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Glurge Gallery » You are 1 of 11

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You are 1 of 11
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 215 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Imagine a giant picture of Pope John Paul II and Mother Teresa smiling and holding hands, because I don't feel like posting it.

quote:
You are 1 of 11

Hi - I am picking 11 people (who have touched my life) and who I think would want to receive this. Please send it back to me (You'll see why).
In case anyone is not aware, Saint Theresa is known as the Saint of the Little Ways, meaning she believed in doing the little things in life well and with great love. She is also the patron Saint of flower growers and florists. She is represented by roses. May everyone who receives this message be blessed. Theresa's Prayer cannot be deleted. REMEMBER to make a wish before you read the prayer. That's all you have to do. There is nothing attached. Just send this to eleven people and let me know what happens on the fourth day. Sorry you have to forward the message, but try not to break this, please. Prayer is one of the best free gifts we receive.

Saint Theresa's prayer:

May today there be peace within. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.

Now, send this to 11 people within the next 5 minutes. And remember to send this back. I count as 1.. you'll see why.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kmcm
We Three Blings

Icon 505 posted      Profile for kmcm   Author's Homepage   E-mail kmcm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Funny thing is...they aren't even talking about Mother Theresa. The are talking about St. Therese of Lisieux silly glurgers, can't they even keep their Saints straight?

km "i gave up catholicism for lent two years ago"cm

--------------------
Of course this land is dangerous! All of the animals are capably murderous. Especially the penguins.

i'm a figment of my own imagination, sometimes i don't exist

Posts: 1099 | From: Kitsap County, WA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
noreen
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for noreen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TrishDaDish:
Imagine a giant picture of Pope John Paul II and Mother Teresa smiling and holding hands, because I don't feel like posting it.

quote:
You are 1 of 11

Hi - I am picking 11 people (who have touched my life) and who I think would want to receive this. Please send it back to me (You'll see why).
In case anyone is not aware, Saint Theresa is known as the Saint of the Little Ways, meaning she believed in doing the little things in life well and with great love. She is also the patron Saint of flower growers and florists. She is represented by roses. May everyone who receives this message be blessed. Theresa's Prayer cannot be deleted. REMEMBER to make a wish before you read the prayer. That's all you have to do. There is nothing attached. Just send this to eleven people and let me know what happens on the fourth day. Sorry you have to forward the message, but try not to break this, please. Prayer is one of the best free gifts we receive.

Saint Theresa's prayer:

May today there be peace within. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.

Now, send this to 11 people within the next 5 minutes. And remember to send this back. I count as 1.. you'll see why.

I think she's getting her Theresa(s) confused.

--------------------
"No matter what kind of a twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there. Type in 'Find people that have sex with goats that are on fire' and the computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Posts: 1112 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Damn glurgers, trying to pass off Mother Theresa for another lady! (Is Mother Theresa a saint now, anyway?)

I like the pushy yet passive message - "Theresa's Prayer cannot be deleted." followed by "Sorry you have to forward the message, but try not to break this, please."

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kmcm
We Three Blings

Icon 505 posted      Profile for kmcm   Author's Homepage   E-mail kmcm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TrishDaDish:
Damn glurgers, trying to pass off Mother Theresa for another lady! (Is Mother Theresa a saint now, anyway?)

I like the pushy yet passive message - "Theresa's Prayer cannot be deleted." followed by "Sorry you have to forward the message, but try not to break this, please."

I don't think she's a saint yet, I'm pretty sure she's been Beatified (sp) though. One step closer to sainthood.

--------------------
Of course this land is dangerous! All of the animals are capably murderous. Especially the penguins.

i'm a figment of my own imagination, sometimes i don't exist

Posts: 1099 | From: Kitsap County, WA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tacitus
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tacitus   E-mail Tacitus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Reminds me of the Borg: "I am designated Seven of Nine"
Posts: 25 | From: Guelph, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
James D
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James D   E-mail James D   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Does this apply to "first of two" as well?

--------------------
The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return. It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale.
Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - )

Posts: 244 | From: Ventura, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ink Rose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ink Rose   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ink Rose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I keep thinking of the episode of Penn and Teller's BS where they debunk Mother Theresa, Gandhi, and the Dalai Lama as being 'more' then human.

--------------------
Comic: http://elfhome.keenspace.com

Posts: 388 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages