snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Glurge Gallery » Milk Glurge

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Milk Glurge
Pork Chop
Anchovy of a 1000 Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pork Chop   E-mail Pork Chop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got this on my Myspace bulletin board today. I searched and couldn't find it, but if I missed it, chow me.

This will give you the chills........GOOD chills. (it starts off super weird)

A young man had been to Wednesday night Bible Study.

The Pastor had shared about listening to God and obeying the Lord's voice.

The young man couldn't help but wonder, "Does God still speak to people?"

After service he went out with some friends for coffee and pie and they discussed the message.

Several different ones

talked about how God had led them in different ways.

It was about ten o'clock when the young man started driving home. Sitting in his car, he just began to pray, "God...If you still speak to

people speak to me. I will listen. I will do my best to obey."

As he drove down the main street of his town, he had the strangest thought to stop and buy a gallon of milk.

He shook his head and said out loud, "God is that you?" He didn't get a reply and started on toward home.

But again, the thought, buy a gallon of milk.

The young man thought about Samuel and how he didn't recognize the voice of God, and how little Samuel ran to Eli.

"Okay, God, in case that is you, I will buy the milk." It didn't seem like too hard a test of obedience. He could always use the milk. He stopped and purchased the gallon of milk and started off toward home.

As he passed Seventh Street, he again felt the urge, "Turn Down that street."

This is crazy he thought and drove on past the intersection.

Again, he felt that he should turn down Seventh Street.

At the next intersection, he turned back and headed down Seventh.

Half jokingly, he said out loud, "Okay, God, I will".

He drove several blocks, when suddenly, he felt like he should stop. He pulled over to the curb and looked around. He was in semi commercial area of town. It wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst of neighborhoods either. The businesses were closed and most of the houses looked dark like the people were already in bed.

Again, he sensed something, "Go and give the milk to the people in the house across the street." The young man looked at the house. It was dark and it looked like the people were either gone or they were already asleep. He started to open the door and then sat back in the car seat.

"Lord, this is insane. Those people are asleep and if I wake them up, they are going to be mad and I will look stupid." Again, he felt like he should go and give the milk.

Finally, he opened the door, "Okay God, if this is you, I will go to the door and I will give them the milk. If you want me to look like a crazy person, okay. I want to be obedient. I guess that will count for something but if they don't answer right away, I am out of here."

He walked across the street and rang the bell. He could hear some noise inside. A man's voice yelled out, "Who is it? What do you want?" Then the door opened before the young man could get away.

The man was standing there in his jeans and T-shirt. He looked like he

just got out of bed. He had a strange look on his face and he didn't seem too happy to have some stranger standing on his doorstep. "What is it?"

The young man thrust out the gallon of milk, "Here, I brought this to you." The man took the milk and rushed down a hallway.

Then from down the hall came a woman carrying the milk toward the kitchen. The man was following her holding a baby. The baby was crying. The man had tears streaming down his face.

The man began speaking and half crying, "We were just praying. We had some big bills this month and we ran out of money. We didn't have any milk for our baby. I was just praying and asking God to show me how to get some milk."

His wife in the kitchen yelled out, "I ask him to send an Angel with some. Are you an Angel?"

The young man reached into his wallet and pulled out all the money he had on him and put in the man's hand. He turned and walked back toward his car and the tears were streaming down his face.

He knew that God still answers prayers.

THIS IS A SIMPLE TEST....? If you believe that God is alive and well, repost. This is so true. Sometimes it's the simplest things that God asks us to do that cause us, if we are obedient to what He's asking, to be able to hear. His voice more clear than ever. Please listen, and obey! It will bless you (and the world). Phil 4:13

--------------------
Have you heard the Word?
Praise Hircine!

Posts: 283 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 02 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pork Chop:
The young man thrust out the gallon of milk, "Here, I brought this to you."

The man scrutinized the offering, then screamed, "I asked for lowfat milk, you incompetent NFBSK!!!," and slammed the door in the young man's face.
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Die Capacitrix
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Die Capacitrix     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If this baby is only drinking milk, the baby's too young to have cow's milk. Most doctor's recommend against giving cow's milk to babies under 12 months.

--------------------
"Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces." Judith Viorst

Posts: 1082 | From: Luzern, Switzerland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BrianB
Happy Holly Days

Icon 303 posted      Profile for BrianB   E-mail BrianB   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's an earlier version from May 2002. Looks like the MySpacers are mining the glurge archives now. [Big Grin]
Brian

--------------------
"Dear Big Foot Smellers: Please don't quote me on some of this information." John F. Winston

Posts: 1707 | From: Camarillo, CA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
skeptic
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skeptic         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Would you let someone into your house late at night if they claimed they were hearing voices. Makes me glad I'm an atheist.

--------------------
I like free speech. It lets me know who the idiots are.

Posts: 407 | From: Ireland | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SweetieBird
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SweetieBird     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just replace "gallon of milk" or "milk" with "sharp and deadly hatchet."

--------------------
"Bad grammar makes me [sic]" -- seen on a t-shirt

Posts: 319 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SweetieBird
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SweetieBird     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Die Capacitrix:
If this baby is only drinking milk, the baby's too young to have cow's milk. Most doctor's recommend against giving cow's milk to babies under 12 months.

You would think God would know that!

--------------------
"Bad grammar makes me [sic]" -- seen on a t-shirt

Posts: 319 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amigone201
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amigone201   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh my God, I finally see the light! This ridiculous story has made me renounce my atheism! I'm now a God-fearing Christian!!!!!111eleleventyone$%*#

--------------------
Check out my blog! http://fundiewatch.blogspot.com

Posts: 1527 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hubert Cumberdale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hubert Cumberdale   E-mail Hubert Cumberdale   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought babies drank formula. Either way, God should have sent the milk to this guy's house:

http://www.woonsocketcall.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16875005&BRD=1712&PAG=461&dept_id=24361&rfi=6

Posts: 835 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mrs.hi-c clown fishies
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrs.hi-c clown fishies     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hubert, I thought for a minute you were going to post a link to the Amish-guy-who-sold-raw-milk story. Yours is just as entertaining though [Smile]

--------------------
This song has no title...just words and a tune.

Instant Hi-C--Just add water...

Posts: 1620 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Silkenreindeer
Wassaleing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silkenreindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hello. I'm a stranger who showed up on your doorstep and woke you and your entire family up because God told me to.
Posts: 494 | From: Epping, Essex, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
About the article Hubert gave: The first time we saw it, being a policeman's family, we all said the same thing. "Why the hell didin't the officer shoot the tires to stop/slow down the suspect?!" While the article doesn't mention it, I would like to state that the McD's the other guy hid at was across the street.

This is on the news constantly here. I feel so bad for the little girl seeing her daddy shot. [Frown]

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FireSpook
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FireSpook   E-mail FireSpook   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
he should have gave the man titties, seeing as his wife has none 8-) then she could feed the baby too!!!!!!!!

--------------------
WARNING
The message above may have statements that only make sense in this user's mind.

Read at your own risk.

Posts: 667 | From: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spamamander in a pear tree

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TrishDaDish:
About the article Hubert gave: The first time we saw it, being a policeman's family, we all said the same thing. "Why the hell didin't the officer shoot the tires to stop/slow down the suspect?!" While the article doesn't mention it, I would like to state that the McD's the other guy hid at was across the street.

This is on the news constantly here. I feel so bad for the little girl seeing her daddy shot. [Frown]

I don't know the entire circumstances from this article- but if the man had struck a police officer he wasn't simply fleeing in the vehicle, the vehicle became a deadly weapon which means that deadly force may be used in the interest of public and officer safety.

Granted, this doesn't allievate the suffering of that poor child, it doesn't say whether the officers knew she was in the vehicle at the time of the shooting or not, only that she was there.

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 606 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pork Chop:

The man had tears streaming down his face.

"I appreciate the gesture," he said. "But I'm lactose intolerant. Think you can exchange it for some Lactaid?"

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages