snopes.com   
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Photo Gallery Archive » Mans head explodes video (NFBSK)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mans head explodes video (NFBSK)
Gunmetal
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post 
I cant believe this, is it real?
(WARNING, GRAPHIC VIOLENCE)

http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-189.htm

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
musicgeek
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for musicgeek   E-mail musicgeek   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I'd think the the head lolling back and the smoke would be a dead giveaway... [Wink]

--------------------
[God said] "I'll just sit back in the shade while everyone gets laid; that's what I call intelligent design." - Chris Smither, "Origin of the Species"

Posts: 411 | From: Fairfield, CT | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Virulaceous
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Virulaceous   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Definitely fake. I think that the worst which could happen in a situation where someone jumps on a raft (or other large object) while you're blowing it up is that you get a mouthful of air and lose your liplock on the thing.

And anyway, who blows up an entire raft by mouth? I'd be more worried about passing out than my head exploding.

Viru "Uh oh, I blew up my dad" laceous

--------------------
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Posts: 86 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Geeto67
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geeto67   E-mail Geeto67   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
man that is funny...

It's an obvious fake but a convincing one done for comedic effect. That vid is pretty old too, I remember seeing it when I was in college...back when you still had to kickstart the internet, before all these new fangled aut-o-matic browsers.

No idea about the origin but it has to be at least 10 years old.

Posts: 163 | From: NYC | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by musicgeek:
I'd think the the head lolling back and the smoke would be a dead giveaway... [Wink]

Damn gunpowder earplugs...

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BlackForge
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackForge     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Several years old and definently fake and still somewhat funny.

quote:
Originally posted by Virulaceous:

And anyway, who blows up an entire raft by mouth? I'd be more worried about passing out than my head exploding.

I have inflated several rafts and other inflatable thing with only my mouth and lungs without getting dizzy or passing out. There is a simple trick to it.
Posts: 1152 | From: Somewere | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CU84
Ron Mexico

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CU84   E-mail CU84   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I have inflated several rafts and other inflatable thing with only my mouth and lungs without getting dizzy or passing out. There is a simple trick to it.
quote:

Tell! Tell!
Posts: 10 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
penna
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penna   E-mail penna   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
that is very obviously fake but really funny

--------------------
if it sounds too good to be true, than it probably is....

Posts: 39 | From: Burlington, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jack Dylan
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Dylan   E-mail Jack Dylan       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Geeto67:
man that is funny...

That vid is pretty old too, I remember seeing it when I was in college...back when you still had to kickstart the internet, before all these new fangled aut-o-matic browsers.

No idea about the origin but it has to be at least 10 years old.

Wow, I remember this. I probably first saw it 2 or 3 years ago. My introduction to the world of virals, in fact. I think...I downloaded it through some program, and all my friends were quite (sadly) convinced it was real. There was also a web address tacked on to the end of it, so I followed the link to a site that made virals about car companies. Not quite up to 'Big Ad' standard, but still...

--------------------
Eppis: Do you know why being a revolutionary doesn't work in this country? Being a revolutionary in America is like being a spoil sport at an orgy. All these goodies being passed around and you feel like a shit when you say no.

Posts: 294 | From: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BlackForge
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackForge     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by CU84:
quote:

Tell! Tell!
The tick is to breath normally thru the nose and out the mouth into what you are inflating. It is only the last little bit the needs any real work to inflate to pressur.
Posts: 1152 | From: Somewere | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sub-Contractor
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackForge:
quote:
quote:

Tell! Tell!
The tick is to breath normally thru the nose and out the mouth into what you are inflating. It is only the last little bit the needs any real work to inflate to pressur.
I just use small quick puffs. Let's me breath normal and gets things started easily.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackForge:
quote:
quote:

Tell! Tell!
Sounds a bit like circular breathing. Learned it to play the didgeridoo and I love blowing up pool toys like that. The kid is still impressed with it.
Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
And who the hell would videotape themselves blowing up a raft?

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joseph Z
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joseph Z   E-mail Joseph Z   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/GREENHOUSE/nursery/guides/safety/handout/h5.html

quote:
Handouts
Compressed Air Precautions

Compressed air is quite handy around a work area, but it can be dangerous if not used properly.
Dangers of Compressed Air:

A blast of air under 40 p.s.i from 4 inches away can rupture an eardrum or cause brain damage.
As little as 12 p.s.i can pop an eyeball from its socket.
Air can enter the navel, even through a layer of clothing, and inflate and rupture the intestines.
Directed at the mouth, compressed air can rupture the lungs.
The following guidelines will reduce the risk of injury when using compressed air:
Examine all hoses, connections, and equipment to see that they are in good condition before turning the pressure on.
Never point the air hose nozzle at any part of your body or at any other person.
Never look into the end of a compressed air device.
Never use compressed air to blow dust or dirt off clothing or body parts.
No horseplay with air hose.
Never kink the hose to stop airflow - turn it off at the control valve.
When using air for cleaning, make sure the pressure is no higher than 30 p.s.i.
Always wear eye protection when using compressed air.

--------------------
Joseph Z

Posts: 1356 | From: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages