snopes.com   
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Photo Gallery Archive » J. Lo's nipple tweaker?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: J. Lo's nipple tweaker?
The Orange Power Ranger
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete post 
I'm a newbie, so if this has been discussed before, forgive me. But this picture made its thorough rounds across the web last fall, said to be of Jennifer Lopez's personal nipple tweaker to keep them perky while she shot her "Jenny From the Block" video. But to me, it just seemed like the picture was just taken at a bad angle. I know she's got someone to do everything for her, but that ?!

-

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
anue
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 102 posted      Profile for anue   E-mail anue   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
http://www.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=60;t=000192

--------------------
om mani padme hum

Posts: 2306 | From: tennessee | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Konstantine [Echelon]
Baby Ruth, I Need Your Lovin'

Icon 96 posted      Profile for Konstantine [Echelon]     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Darn! You beat me to the J-Lo-a-chow! [Big Grin]

--------------------
It's to dying in another's arms and why I had to try it. It's to Jimmy Eat World and those nights in my car, when the first star you see may not be a star...

Left Field Envy
CHICAGO WHITE SOX 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

Posts: 241 | From: Chicago, White Sox Town | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ravensbane
The First USA Noel

Icon 102 posted      Profile for ravensbane         Edit/Delete post 
Looks to me like it's the video's wardrobe or assistant wardrobe guy adjusting the drape of the knit top between shots...

Sorry boys. [Cool]

--------------------
"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives."
Dr. Charles Fisher, psychoanalyst and sleep researcher.

Posts: 671 | From: Los Angeles, California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zzz

Icon 401 posted            Edit/Delete post 
I remember when this was discussed. And people generally seemed to suggest it was fake/misleading. Since then, though, I saw some Biography on VH1 or something and one of the managers actually talked about J Lo's nipple tweaker, and how she actually did have one. Don't know if he was lying or not, but that's what he said. Sorry I don't know the exact show and the person's name.
Suron

Icon 201 posted            Edit/Delete post 
It looks like she's hired someone for every conceivable job description. It makes me wonder who she hired to take her press photos.

Suron "Nipple Tweaker sounds like a rejected Blue Meanie"

Red Squirrel
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 204 posted      Profile for Red Squirrel   E-mail Red Squirrel   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
It's funny she employs so many people to look after her then sings "Jenny from the block" about how "normal" she is!! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
The Sqizzle formally known as Lexi

Posts: 3231 | From: Nottingham, UK | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Van Couver
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Van Couver   E-mail Van Couver   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by lexi_wades:
It's funny she employs so many people to look after her then sings "Jenny from the block" about how "normal" she is!! [Roll Eyes]

Actually that is my biggest pet peeve with her as well. She makes money showing just how much like the *rest of us* she is*

While making herself one of the biggest diva's currently.

And the media keeps adding to the..look isn't she wonderfully normal. [fish]

bg
van Couver

--------------------
FAMILY(n): Where the term insane is a RELATIVE term //Threadkiller: Watch this line.....it might be the last on this topic........

Posts: 2146 | From: Austria | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
anue
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 600 posted      Profile for anue   E-mail anue   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
PS In the pics in the -a-chow, IIRC, one could clearly see that the "tweaker" was Ben Affleck.

Tree "changes it a bit" Hugger

--------------------
om mani padme hum

Posts: 2306 | From: tennessee | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lola

Icon 37 posted            Edit/Delete post 
Tree is right it looks like the nipple tweeker is none other than Benny "From The Block" Lofleck.

"Don't fooled by the rocks that I got, I'm still Benny Lofleck from the block, used to have a little now I have a lot"

Suron

Icon 601 posted            Edit/Delete post 
Well, it looks like Dick Clark replaced Ben in this photo. He must be very proud.
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 102 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
No, Dick Clark is the guy brushing her hair. You can't see N.T.'s face in the picture above.

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
that70sgrrl

Icon 102 posted            Edit/Delete post 
 -
Archie2K

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Archie2K   Author's Homepage   E-mail Archie2K   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Van Couver:
quote:

Actually that is my biggest pet peeve with her as well. She makes money showing just how much like the *rest of us* she is*

bg
van Couver

Thank god! Finally someone agrees with me. I have been saying for months about how irritating she is, yet I always seem to get the response "But she's so beautiful so it's OK, and she's got a normal body shape". IMO I don't think she's even particularly good looking.

--------------------
Vox populi vox canem

Posts: 1985 | From: Reading, England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lola

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post 
I'm so sick of her and Benny too! I wish that they would just go away! Maybe we can send those two to Iraq and that way we wouldn't have to hear about them anymore!

Archie, tell your friends if they come to New York they'll see about a million girls who look like J.Ho.

BoKu

Icon 211 posted      Profile for BoKu   Author's Homepage   E-mail BoKu   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Suron:
Well, it looks like Dick Clark replaced Ben in this photo...

The countdown to the posting of the TouristGuy paste-in starts ... Mark!

Bob "good start Charlie Item" K.

Posts: 2079 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Van Couver

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Van Couver   E-mail Van Couver   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by lola:
I'm so sick of her and Benny too! I wish that they would just go away! Maybe we can send those two to Iraq and that way we wouldn't have to hear about them anymore!

Wouldn't that be great.

The best I ever heard was a newscaster saying.

"Jennifer Lopez said that she and Ben wouldn't marry as long a people where talking about them. You know what that means.

Keep talking!"

Frankly I think the whole relationship is a worse scripted story than her movies.

--------------------
FAMILY(n): Where the term insane is a RELATIVE term //Threadkiller: Watch this line.....it might be the last on this topic........

Posts: 2146 | From: Austria | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
EmperorBinky

quote:
Originally posted by Archie2K:
quote:
Originally posted by Van Couver:
quote:

bg
van Couver

Thank god! Finally someone agrees with me. I have been saying for months about how irritating she is, yet I always seem to get the response "But she's so beautiful so it's OK, and she's got a normal body shape". IMO I don't think she's even particularly good looking.
I agree actually. I mean there are times when she looks gorgeous...but over all she's not all that. Personally, I think Diana Ortiz of the group Dream is a much more gorgeous Latina than J-Lo.
Dr. Van Thorp
Deck the Malls

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Dr. Van Thorp   E-mail Dr. Van Thorp   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I saw the video clip on VH1. The guy is definately not Ben Affleck. He approached Miss Lopez during a break in shooting, and spends about a minute adjusting her nipples for appearance. This is not casual touching; it is very methodical and intentional. He leaves as soon at he removes his hands from her nipples.

It looked to me like the guy was exactly what the documentary claimed he was; a professional nipple-tweeker. Maybe he was the cosmetologist for the shoot, but nipple-tweeking was unmistakably part of his job on the set.

Posts: 374 | From: Brighton, Michigan | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sally'sEyes

Icon 05 posted            Edit/Delete post 
This might be of interest: Apparently, Jennifer Lopez was shooting a music video for charity (amazing world, ain't it?) and she required a full-blown dressing room with... well, see for yourself here (if you can stomach it) "jenny from the block" my @$$

Sally's "how would she have survived with CHILLED Evian water"Eyes

Donovan Ravenhull

quote:
Originally posted by Sally'sEyes:
This might be of interest: Apparently, Jennifer Lopez was shooting a music video for charity (amazing world, ain't it?) and she required a full-blown dressing room with... well, see for yourself here (if you can stomach it) "jenny from the block" my @$$

Sally's "how would she have survived with CHILLED Evian water"Eyes

I know it seems silly, but this is a traditional thing with performers. Many times this serves as a litmis test to see if the people setting up their area are reading the whole contract. More details about it are in this Van Halen M&M-a-chow.

Then again, it is possible that some performers don't think that far ahead.

Donovan Ravenhull

Red Squirrel
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 204 posted      Profile for Red Squirrel   E-mail Red Squirrel   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I'm pretty sure it's not a test clause in Lopez's case- she's just a egotistical boor. I cna't find the quotes now but some of the things she's said about other actresses and singers (eg Madonna, Gywenth Paltrow) has just been horrendous. She's an embarassment- one of the first female latino megastars and she acts like a tantramatic five year old- what a great example!
In the link Sally's eyes posted she demands "NO TOMATO, APPLE OR GRAPE JUICES" as if she will spontaneously combust if she goes near the things!
I don't think I would be so irritated with her if she actually produced some good work but her music is uninspired dirge and her films saccarine headaches. And I'm also one who doesn't think she's that good looking- we all can be completely anal about what we eat to get a perfect body but most of us have more of a life!

--------------------
The Sqizzle formally known as Lexi

Posts: 3231 | From: Nottingham, UK | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
"how would she have survived with CHILLED Evian water"

In defense of celebrities, just on this one point, I'll say that a lot of people are sensitive to strange water. I have to drink bottled water when I travel because the native flora in the city water is foreign to my system and my body reacts violently. What director wants to spend a million dollars on a movie star only to have her spending all her time in the bathroom?

As for specifying "room temperature", I don't see any problem with that either. Lots of people might assume that if you're drinking something from a bottle you want it to be iced down. She doesn't. Why be uncomfortable when you can specify? It certainly doesn't inconvenience anyone to not ice down the drinks.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lola

quote:
I'm pretty sure it's not a test clause in Lopez's case- she's just a egotistical boor. I cna't find the quotes now but some of the things she's said about other actresses and singers (eg Madonna, Gywenth Paltrow) has just been horrendous. She's an embarassment- one of the first female latino megastars and she acts like a tantramatic five year old- what a great example!
In the link Sally's eyes posted she demands "NO TOMATO, APPLE OR GRAPE JUICES" as if she will spontaneously combust if she goes near the things!
I don't think I would be so irritated with her if she actually produced some good work but her music is uninspired dirge and her films saccarine headaches. And I'm also one who doesn't think she's that good looking- we all can be completely anal about what we eat to get a perfect body but most of us have more of a life!

If I remeber correctly, I think that she said that Gwenyth only got publicity because she was Brad Pitt's girlfriend (Gwennie was engaged to Brad at the time of the interview)and that her acting ability was subpar or something like that. I find that comment pretty funny, coming from someone who can't act her way out of a paper bag. I think she was just jealous of Gwennie cause she is a much better actress and she was getting Brad Pitt!

I only remember the Paltrow comment can't remember what she said about Madonna. I'll see if I can find the article on the net.

Plindsey88

Icon 605 posted            Edit/Delete post 
No one has mentioned the most important questions:

How much does one get paid to play with J-Lo's nipples? And is being gay a job requirement?

Sally'sEyes

Icon 05 posted            Edit/Delete post 
quote:
How much does one get paid to play with J-Lo's nipples? And is being gay a job requirement?
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't Madonna use gay men in her shows because her dancing was so sexual? I seem to remember someone telling me that...
DrFraud
We Three Blings

Icon 504 posted      Profile for DrFraud     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
we all can be completely anal about what we eat to get a perfect body

Not us big-boned people.

--------------------
"Danger is a good teacher, and makes apt scholars. So are disgrace, defeat, exposure to immediate scorn and laughter."
- William Hazlitt; _Table-Talk: Essays On Men And Manners_

Posts: 1055 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DemonWolf
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 01 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
[QUOTEForgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't Madonna use gay men in her shows because her dancing was so sexual? I seem to remember someone telling me that...

I know that many of her dancers wre gay, but I always chalked it up to there being so many gay men who are dancers.

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Heavy B
The First USA Noel

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Heavy B   E-mail Heavy B   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't Madonna use gay men in her shows because her dancing was so sexual?
[Roll Eyes] If that's true, Madonna is giving herself WAY too much credit!

--------------------
I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Posts: 801 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages