snopes.com   
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Food Archive » mcdonald's chicken nuggets

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: mcdonald's chicken nuggets
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
the other day, talula and i were chatting and chicken nuggets came up. she mentioned that she heard they were 90% bread. anyone?

ana "what part of the chicken is the ncnugget anyway? because if it's what i mcthink it is, then i don't wanna mceat it!" ng

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Moose
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post 
Chicken McNuggets :
quote:

Chicken, marinated up to 8% with a solution of water, chicken seasoning (chicken, wheat starch, salt, butter oil, chicken fat, beef extract, vegetable shortening, roasted sesame seed oil, silicon dioxide (anticaking agent), thiamine hydrochloride), salt, sodium phosphates. Battered and breaded with water, enriched bleached wheat flour (niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow corn flour, wheat flour, modified corn starch, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, dried whey, wheat starch, corn starch. Cooked in partially hydrogenated soybean and corn oils, TBHQ (to protect flavor), citric acid, dimethylpolysiloxane.

Hope this helps.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rossdawg

My dad, who worked in the poultry industry for over 20 years, told us not to worry about McNuggets too much...fear the chicken and turkey frank!
abbubmah
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbubmah   E-mail abbubmah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ana Ng:
the other day, talula and i were chatting and chicken nuggets came up.

I have this problem with chicken nuggets too...

Posts: 7942 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Chava

This is not rocket science, for crying out loud. Dismantle one and weigh the breading part and the "chicken" part. It's not that hard to tell them apart.

But I suspect that a lot of the breading part is grease, not bread.

Chava

Matrix Refugee I Am

Icon 19 posted            Edit/Delete post 
I dunno, I once had some chicken Mcnuggests that tasted do bad you might as well have been eating the BOX and this was back when MickeyD's still used styrofoam.

"Maybe the machines couldn't figure out what chicken tastes like, so maybe that's why chicken tastes like everything."

MRIA

turtlepoop747

Personally, I prefer Wendy's nuggets. They seem to look like they contain more chicken then the McDonalds ones.
Happyroo

Icon 19 posted            Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by turtlepoop747:
Personally, I prefer Wendy's nuggets. They seem to look like they contain more chicken then the McDonalds ones.

Ditto with KFC's nuggets (though we all know because of the name change that KFC doesn't actually put chicken in thier food )
Here in Australia, Wendys is an icecream parlour.

skrap
Minnow Way Out

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skrap   E-mail skrap   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Carl's Jr. has a new commercial out that shows a chicken walking around and turning in circles. The voice over says something like "what part of the chicken is the mcnugget?" Then goes on to talk about their chicken breast strips. Pretty cute.
skrap

--------------------
The Quiet One

Posts: 928 | From: Colorado | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jaime Vargas Sanchez

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Jaime Vargas Sanchez   E-mail Jaime Vargas Sanchez   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix Refugee I Am:
I dunno, I once had some chicken Mcnuggests that tasted do bad you might as well have been eating the BOX and this was back when MickeyD's still used styrofoam.

What do they use now for the boxes?

Jaime

--------------------
"Everyone has problems. They only vary in design" - Mama Duck

Posts: 4988 | From: Spain | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
love jones

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post 
quote:
What do they use now for the boxes?

Jaime

Cardboard.

They also used to put their large sandwiches in styrofoam containers, but they now wrap them in paper.

love "the only part of the Happy Meal that's not biodegradable is the cheesburger and fries" jones

Ana Ng

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chava:
This is not rocket science, for crying out loud. Dismantle one and weigh the breading part and the "chicken" part. It's not that hard to tell them apart.

But I suspect that a lot of the breading part is grease, not bread.

Chava

i think the implication was that the chicken part was 90% bread. we might be dopey, but we're not THAT dopey.

ana "duh" ng

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jaime Vargas Sanchez

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Jaime Vargas Sanchez   E-mail Jaime Vargas Sanchez   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by love jones:

Cardboard.

They also used to put their large sandwiches in styrofoam containers, but they now wrap them in paper.

love "the only part of the Happy Meal that's not biodegradable is the cheesburger and fries" jones

Here they use the cardboard for McNuggets, but the sandwiches come with the styrofoam containers.

Jaime

--------------------
"Everyone has problems. They only vary in design" - Mama Duck

Posts: 4988 | From: Spain | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
philmarillion

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by skraplette2:
Carl's Jr. has a new commercial out that shows a chicken walking around and turning in circles. The voice over says something like "what part of the chicken is the mcnugget?" Then goes on to talk about their chicken breast strips. Pretty cute.
skrap

... which are not shaped at all like breasts.

Isn't Carl's the place that used to have nuggets shaped like stars? That's less believable than the classic McD "puck, parallelogram and boot".

BoKu
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoKu   Author's Homepage   E-mail BoKu   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chava:
This is not rocket science, for crying out loud...

Imagine if it were particle physics. You'd just bang two of them together really hard, and figure out what they're made of based on the debris that hurtles away from the collision site.

Bob "chicken sandia" K.

Posts: 2079 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
dagwood
Deck the Malls

Icon 01 posted      Profile for dagwood   E-mail dagwood   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by turtlepoop747:

Believe it or not, I like the taste of McDonalds better than any of the other chicken nuggets I have had. (Wendys, Burger King, Kfc)

Dag "Don't want to know where nuggets come from" wood

Posts: 375 | From: Somewhere on Planet Earth | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages