snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Spook Archive » HAARP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HAARP
Jason Threadslayer
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Jason Threadslayer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Has any one heard of HAARP? I found a few links to it: HAARP official page and a site for Angels Don't Play This HAARP. Some of the claimed (denied by government) goals were mind control.

Thinking mind control over, the most I could come up with was that to achieve mind control, scientists would have to know the signalling profile of a mind (and isn't it unique?), which set of synapses do what, and then induce currents in very precise locations all over the brain. That would require highly precise devices that can accurately zap spots in the brain. On a large scale, the best I think someone trying to use EM energy to affect people's behaviour could do would be to generate random currents in the mind and essentially drive someone mad or cause them to hallucinate.

Any one care to comment on HAARP and my reasons why large-scale mind control is currently technically unfeasable?

--------------------
All posts foretold by Nostradamus.

Turing test failures: 6

Posts: 5481 | From: Decatur, GA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
sherri_lu
Xboxing Day

Icon 01 posted      Profile for sherri_lu   Author's Homepage   E-mail sherri_lu   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The guy who wrote Angels Don't Play This HAARP. Dr. Nick Begich father was a Congressmen Nick Begich Sr. he was Killed along with Cookie Roberts father also a Congress person & the Majority leader House of Representatives Hale Boggs I don't think they ever found them. some say J. Edgar Hoover & or the CIA had them killed anyway I think it made Begich a real conspiracy nut. Dr. Begich is a regular on late night radio
Posts: 1344 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Chris
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 18 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have been reading about HAARP for years. I also believe it is mind control. There are some great links about HAARP at Conspiracy Nation. http://www.shout.net/~bigred/cn.html Also search google about this . There are a few books I have seen at borders, concerning HAARP which look very good . Happy hunting on the search
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BrianB
Happy Holly Days

Icon 606 posted      Profile for BrianB   E-mail BrianB   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The "Art Bell" conspiracy crowd has claimed everything from shooting down the Shuttle Columbia to weather control, toast coming out too dark from toasters, in addition to mind control but never have any credible sources to back up their outrageous claims.
From the link to the official HAARP site that Jason Jinx provided you can find the Technical Details, which clearly states how it works and what effects it has (emphasis mine):
quote:
During active ionospheric research, the signal generated by the transmitter system is delivered to the antenna array, transmitted in an upward direction, and is partially absorbed, at an altitude between 100 to 350 km (depending on operating frequency), in a small volume a few hundred meters thick and a few tens of kilometers in diameter over the site. The intensity of the HF signal in the ionosphere is less than 3 microwatts per cm^2, tens of thousands of times less than the Sun's natural electromagnetic radiation reaching the earth and hundreds of times less than even the normal random variations in intensity of the Sun's natural ultraviolet (UV) energy which creates the ionosphere. The small effects that are produced, however, can be observed with the sensitive scientific instruments installed at the HAARP facility and these observations can provide new information about the dynamics of plasmas and new insight into the processes of solar-terrestrial interactions.
Also from the current program status, there is this:
quote:
An annual faculty-student summer school and research program has been held each year since 2000. This activity, conducted in cooperation with the National Science Foundation and the University of Alaska, Fairbanks (UAF), Geophysical Institute, is a twelve day activity split between Fairbanks and Gakona. The school consists of a series of lectures concentrating on a specific aspect of ionospheric or space science, visits to Alaskan scientific facilities and hands-on experiments and research at HAARP. Lectures are presented by UAF professors as well as by visiting scientists. Students participate by providing a lecture on their scientific interest area along with a discussion of the experiment they will conduct at HAARP. Student-faculty teams are allocated time at the facility to conduct their experiment and results are presented to the group.
I would find it a bit surprising for a sooper-seekrit Alien-Illumunati-Freemason-Bilderburg-Kiwanis-Club group to be inviting college students for a hands-on experience. [Wink]
Brian

--------------------
"Dear Big Foot Smellers: Please don't quote me on some of this information." John F. Winston

Posts: 1707 | From: Camarillo, CA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages