snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Sports Archive » Chug-a-lug Boggs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chug-a-lug Boggs
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I realize that this cannot be true, but legend has it Wade Boggs
of Red Sox Fame, once drank 64 beers on a cross country flight. Where did
this start?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, if it was the beginning of a road trip it probably started at Logan.

Let's see ... it's been a while, but I think a non-stop cross-country flight takes about four hours. That works out to one beer every 3.75 minutes without stopping. Now, I've known some pretty prolific drinkers in my time (met many during my training for the Olympic drinking team), but I don't think I know anyone who could keep that pace up for that long.

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I would imagine it started somewhere in this vicinity.

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ritemple
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
sounds similar to David Boon's 52 can record !

For those not in the know, David Boon was an Australian cricketer who achieved this on the flight from Sydney to London.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Debunker
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Debunker   E-mail Debunker   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Now, perhaps their ability to hold liquor is legendary, but I'd think one would pass out after, oh, say 36 beers.

--------------------
"A minibar is a machine that makes everything expensive." - Mitch Hedberg RIP

Posts: 230 | From: Orange County, CA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages