snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Disney Archive » Haunted Mansion Trivia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Haunted Mansion Trivia
KeithB
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 205 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just in time for Halloween, here is some Haunted Mansion trivia that came in my Disney Catalog:

The HM is the only major attraction to appear in a different land in each Disney Theme Park.

Although it opened at DL park in 1969, the stately southern mansion was built in 1963. A sign outside tantalized prospective ghouls to send a resume to the "Ghost Relations Dept."

An early DL park concept featured a church on Main Street USA surrounded by a graveyard leading up to a haunted house.

The musical skeletons inside Phantom Manor in Paris were inspired by the Disney Short "The Skeleton Dance."

The Mansion in Anaheim is a light, graceful antebellum plantation house. By contrast, the manor in Florida is a brooding dark brick and stone gothic, reminiscent of a Tudor mansion in the Hudson River Valley. In Paris, the house was once the showplace of Thunder Mesa, but fell into decay and ruin, becoming the sinister looking residence known as Phantom Manor.

The organ in the ballroom scene at DL park is the same organ played by Captain Nemo in the film 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

The "Museum of the Wierd" was an early walk-through concept showcasing curiosities from around the globe.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nightfall
The First USA Noel

Icon 216 posted      Profile for Nightfall   E-mail Nightfall   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
For those interested, I would suggest this website: http://www.doombuggies.com/ for more trivia and for the behind the scenes look at the Haunted Mansion.

--------------------
Darkness comes where Nightfall goes. -- from The Legend of Nightfall

Posts: 791 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tabbymago
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Tabbymago   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tabbymago   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love doombuggies.com. And if you want even more trivia about even more Disney attractions, I highly recommend Hidden Mickeys.

-Tabby
the princess with claws

--------------------
If you don't appreciate the irony, the irony appreciates.

"Sappiness and medieval violence: it's a wonderful combination. Like chocolate and peanut butter for the mind." -me on my fantasy novel-in-progress

Posts: 2281 | From: Arizona | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cokomon

Icon 23 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It seems that around Christmas now, they deck out the Haunted Mansion in a Nightmare Before Christmas theme. I'll check it out this winter.
Guard Girl

Icon 604 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was told that they decorated it like that too, but when I went to Disney World last December, it was the same one..I love it the way it is but that
would be pretty nifty too.

Nightfall
The First USA Noel

Icon 216 posted      Profile for Nightfall   E-mail Nightfall   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Guard Girl:
I was told that they decorated it like that too, but when I went to Disney World last December, it was the same one..I love it the way it is but that
would be pretty nifty too.

Perhaps they only redecorate the Disneyland's Haunted Mansion. I've seen advertisments on TV about them decorating the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland like The Nightmare Before Christmas.

I found Disneyland.com's statement, so they do have it, atleast at Disneyland.

Edit--After doing some searching on Disneyworld's website, I think that this make over is strictly a Disneyland event. Well, so far that is.

--------------------
Darkness comes where Nightfall goes. -- from The Legend of Nightfall

Posts: 791 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Guard Girl

Icon 211 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ahhhh...That would explain it. Thanks for clearing that up!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages