snopes.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Crime Archive » SpongeBob Kidnappers Seek Ransom for Doll

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SpongeBob Kidnappers Seek Ransom for Doll
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 606 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post 
Police are looking for a a blow-up figure of SpongeBob SquarePants swiped from a Minnesota Burger King. They've found a ransom note which starts off: "We have SpongeBob." It then demands, "Give us ten Crabby Patties, fries and milkshakes."

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20041124/D86IAUQG0.html

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Shamrock
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shamrock   E-mail Shamrock   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
One was also stolen in Southern Maine last week. They actually put out a "missing persons" bulletin on some of the police radio channels. Hilarious listening to them describe a 6 foot tall yellow guy weighing 10 pounds.

Sham "6' 4" and lots more than 10 pounds!!" rock

--------------------
Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most.

Posts: 891 | From: New England | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
abby 68
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 01 posted      Profile for abby 68   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Police are looking for a a blow-up figure of SpongeBob SquarePants swiped from a Minnesota Burger King. They've found a ransom note which starts off: "We have SpongeBob." It then demands, "Give us ten Crabby Patties, fries and milkshakes."

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20041124/D86IAUQG0.html

negotiating: 6 fish sandwiches & a large fries [Big Grin] [fish]
Posts: 1932 | From: Toronto | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
J. Thaddeus Toad
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post 
The thing I find weird about it is that, just the other day as I was passing the local Burger King, a thought popped into my head about how it would be possible to steal the giant SpongeBob on top of it. It was just a passing thought but I find it odd that I would think that before I heard of the actual case of one being stolen.
If you just look at the thing, though, it somehow begs to be vandalised somehow, and apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so..

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
daisyslegs
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyslegs     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
J. Thaddeus, I see you're from Oregon, where did you see that spongebob? I know a little girl that would help me swipe one in a heartbeat! Kidding, but what a prize for a fan.

--------------------
~tough as nails yet nice as pie~
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar.
"and don't threaten anyone with your pants today!" - Frog_Feathers
daisys does Myspace

Posts: 3206 | From: Molalla, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages