snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Glurge Archive » A drug problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A drug problem
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 302 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This glurge is short, but its smug, righteous tone annoyed me more than any other glurge I've received to date.

------------------------------------------------------------

A Drug Problem

I had a drug problem when I was young.
I was drug to church on Sunday morning.
I was drug to church for wedding and funerals.
I was drug to family reunions no matter the weather.
I was drug to the bus stop to go to school every weekday.
I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults and teachers.
I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents.
Those drugs are still in my veins; and they affect my behavior in every
thing I do, say, and think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or
heroin, and if today's children had this kind of drug problem, America
might be a better place.

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zem
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Nothing says "Educate our children to keep them off drugs" like showing you never learned English yourself.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Yeah, more child abuse would really make America a better place. [Mad]

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Fibia Cashew
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cervus:
quote:

Yeah, more child abuse would really make America a better place. [Mad]
Kind of makes you want to "drug" the author in the street by his NFBSK, doesn't it? [Wink]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mouse
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Mouse   E-mail Mouse   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And back in my day we didn't believe in such pinko concepts as proper grammar. Naw we just ain't and cain't until the cow came home. Then we'd cut ourselves a hickory switch and hit each other. That's what we did for fun back then and sure some of us have permanent scarring but dang it! It made us the proud generation you see know.

[fish] [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff." Coop from MegasXLR

"I distrust who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -- Susan B. Anthony

Posts: 2246 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tdn
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 01 posted      Profile for tdn   E-mail tdn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
until the cow came home.

Until the cow come home.
Posts: 3800 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 01 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Until the cows come home.
The cow comes home.
past tense the cow came home.

Moooo

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
resELution

Icon 01 posted      Profile for resELution   E-mail resELution   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
[Eek!] What went on in the wood shed?!? Is anyone else here reminded of the movie Frailty ?

resE"You're not a demon, are you?"Lution

Posts: 2286 | From: Washington State | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Isaac
Happy Holly Days

Icon 102 posted      Profile for Isaac         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I did drugs in the woodshed, too. Except they were actual drugs.

--------------------
All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo.

Posts: 1600 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mouse

Icon 212 posted      Profile for Mouse   E-mail Mouse   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by resEviLution:
quote:
[Eek!] What went on in the wood shed?!? Is anyone else here reminded of the movie Frailty ?

You've seen that movie too. I thought I was the only one.

[dunce]

--------------------
"You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff." Coop from MegasXLR

"I distrust who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -- Susan B. Anthony

Posts: 2246 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mouse

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Mouse   E-mail Mouse   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by guruwan2b:
The cow comes home.

Moooo

Sorry about the double post but I was joking.
[fish]

--------------------

tdn
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 01 posted      Profile for tdn   E-mail tdn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The cow comes home.

Don't hassle me with none of your fancy book learnin'.
Posts: 3800 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
resELution

Icon 01 posted      Profile for resELution   E-mail resELution   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tdn:
quote:
The cow comes home.

Don't hassle me with none of your fancy book learnin'.
Have we become so used to reading poor grammer that we've now become experts on it? [lol]

It seems like the OP was written that way intentionally, to sound old fashioned and sentimental. In glurge land, people with old fashioned, po-dunk piss poor grammer are smarter by far than those of us living in a more modern, educated era. [Roll Eyes]

resE"That's one more thing to add to our list of growing glurge cliches."Lution

Posts: 2286 | From: Washington State | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MisterGrey
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 01 posted      Profile for MisterGrey     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by resEviLution:
quote:

More like reminded of Deliverance [Eek!]
Posts: 2711 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages