snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Entertainment Archive » Jim Morrison alive!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jim Morrison alive!
timstar5150
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 304 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The nose is perfect (crooked to the right), but where's the mole gone!!!!!

http://www.rodeoswest.com

Really, who the hell do these people think they are fooling?!?!

[ 18. July 2005, 10:05 PM:   snopes ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morrison's Lament

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There's a resemblance, but I aged better [Wink]

--- J.

JimBo

Like Bug Muldoon said yesterday, you're still not fooling anyone Densmore. [lol]
Morrison's Longhaired Himalayan Cat

We all know the drum solos were the best part of the Doors! [Wink]

--- G.

CD

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
According to this site, not only is he dead, but he is still posing for photos.

C"I always knew that hippie would grow up to be a cowboy"D

Kris Holmes

quote:
Originally posted by CD:

Hasn't this picture and everything else on that site been disproved here several times?
tanta07
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tanta07   E-mail tanta07   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Apparently Jim has become Hispanic in his old age.
Posts: 253 | From: Colorado | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Giselle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giselle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Looks like a bastard child of Morrison and Mojo Nixon.

--------------------
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.

Posts: 2041 | From: Yuba City, California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CD

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kris Holmes:
Hasn't this picture and everything else on that site been disproved here several times?

I don't know, that wasn't my point.
Lindiglo

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lindiglo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Lindiglo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tanta07:
Apparently Jim has become Hispanic in his old age.

YOMANK!

C'mon guys. This aired on Channel 31 in Ashland, Oregon. I think by now we know they only air the truth. DUH!
Lind"This is *not* the end?"iglo

--------------------
A woman's dress should be like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view.
-Sophia Loren

Posts: 1835 | From: Toronto | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 97 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by timstar5150:
The nose is perfect (crooked to the right), but where's the mole gone!!!!!

http://www.rodeoswest.com

Really, who the hell do these people think they are fooling?!?!

Looks like the bastard child of Iggy Pop and Scott Thompson from The Kids In The Hall to me.

And yeah, that "ghost image" on the tombstone, boy, that doesn't look like an archive footage super imposed. Could be a photo of friggin' Val Kilmer doing Morrison for that matter. When they told you to look closely at the first photo, I thought they were going to insanely suggest the guy standing to the left of the photo was Morrison.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tanta07
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tanta07   E-mail tanta07   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Something else I realized:

While looking at this picture,

-

I noticed that "Jim" has long sleeves that appear to be drawn into the picture, probably with Photoshop. Is there a reason his arms were deliberately covered up? Perhaps to cover tattoos that this Jim has, that the original Jim didn't?

Posts: 253 | From: Colorado | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilbeth

I would think the sleeves would be to cover the absence of tattoos/scars that the original Jim had that the new one doesn't--otherwise the explanation would simply be that Jim got some tattoos/scars over the years.
Lindiglo

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lindiglo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Lindiglo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why would a cowboy need a stunt double?
Lind"I smell a rat. Or maybe it's a corpse"iglo

--------------------
A woman's dress should be like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view.
-Sophia Loren

Posts: 1835 | From: Toronto | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Frenchy

quote:
Originally posted by CD:

Can someone chow me to the page where this was discussed? I can't see anything in this photo... Just shade and the Pere Lachaise... What is it I'm supposed to see? [Confused]

There is a hint of a transluscent shadow of Val Kilmer in the background [Big Grin]

--- G.

hoitoider
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hoitoider   E-mail hoitoider   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by evilbeth:
I would think the sleeves would be to cover the absence of tattoos/scars that the original Jim had that the new one doesn't--otherwise the explanation would simply be that Jim got some tattoos/scars over the years.

I remember reading that Jim was afraid of needles. Of course that could be explained away, too.

This guy doesn't look 60 either, considering Jim looked about 40 when he was 27.

--------------------
No man has a right in America to treat any other man "tolerantly" for tolerance is the assumption of superiority. -Wendell L. Willkie

Posts: 3833 | From: Virginia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Well, Jim was squeemish about giving himself injections, or being injected at all - so in that sense he didn't like "needles" - but there's a big difference between a tattoo gun and a hypodermic.

I'm not aware of him having any tattoos on his arms at all, I seem to recall a reference to a lizard tattoo somewhere on his body but he was generally not big on the whole body modifaction thing. In fact he really really let himself go the last couple of years and thus I rather doubt he was concerned with putting pretty pictures on himself.

For what it's worth, there are no visible tattoos on his upper body in the famous "Young Lion" photos, but I think those were taken right after the first couple of albums made them famous, so that dates them acouple of years before he died.

--- G.

Shamrock
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Shamrock   E-mail Shamrock   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Morrison's Longhaired Himalayan Cat:
I seem to recall a reference to a lizard tattoo somewhere on his body but he was generally not big on the whole body modifaction thing.
--- G.

In the movie, The Banger Sisters the character played by Goldie Hawn has a tattoo of a lizard wearing a crown on her upper arm. She said it was in memory of Jim Morrison. No reference to him being tattoed.

--------------------
Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most.

Posts: 891 | From: New England | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Interesting. It obviously stands for the name of his pseudo-alterego "The Lizard King" - and I've seen a picture of a chick sporting the same tattoo you mentioned - but I still wonder if he actually had it himself.

--- G.

Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Discovered living in the Pacific Northwest"? Now what does that remind me of...?
Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gunmetal

quote:
Originally posted by Richard W:
"Discovered living in the Pacific Northwest"? Now what does that remind me of...?

reminds you of snopes.com?
Onceknownaslola

He kind of looks like Mickey Hart of the Greatful dead in the second picture on the main page.
mnotr2
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnotr2   E-mail mnotr2   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Everybody already knows that Jim Morrison and Elvis are both alive and co-owners of a 7-11 in Sarasota, Florida!

--------------------
Infinite goodness is creating a being you know, in advance, is going to complain.
Captain Billy Cutshaw

Posts: 582 | From: Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BelleMorte
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BelleMorte   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tanta07:
Something else I realized:

While looking at this picture,

-

I noticed that "Jim" has long sleeves that appear to be drawn into the picture, probably with Photoshop. Is there a reason his arms were deliberately covered up? Perhaps to cover tattoos that this Jim has, that the original Jim didn't?

Yup, those long sleeves were done with PSP or Photoshop.

--------------------
"Cheating Hall Of Shame"-in honor of the dishonest.
Every driver, owner and crew chief has a place in our Hall, which won't be moving to Daytona Beach anytime soon. Lone exception? Kyle Petty, who hasn't won a race since 1754.

Posts: 545 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mnotr2:
Everybody already knows that Jim Morrison and Elvis are both alive and co-owners of a 7-11 in Sarasota, Florida!

No, no, no! Elvis owns and operates a Wendys in Waterloo, Iowa. I saw him there myself, all 260 pounds of him.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish

Icon 106 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Some say you live on an island with Marilyn Monroe
Every night Jim Mojo Risin' puts on a great big show
And when you get sick, you call up Dr Nick

So there you have it, from Mojo Nixon. He lives with Monroe and Elvis on an island somewhere.

Trish "619-239-KING" DaDish

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages