snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Fun House » Oceangrams! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Oceangrams!
Rhea
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhea     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pikey Queen:
quote:
hei på deg!!---------------moi vaan sullekin!
Can anyone help with this?
"Hi to you." The other one's Finish (I think), can't help you with that, sorry.
Posts: 1201 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Keeper of the Mad Bunnies
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 105 posted      Profile for Keeper of the Mad Bunnies   E-mail Keeper of the Mad Bunnies   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Psihala:
quote:
True or False?A gun-toting Australian granny blew the testicles off the two men who raped her granddaughter.---------------Hope it's true.---------------better be true! (TM)(KA)
Well, well. Finally an opportunity to plug the site!

~Psihala

I sent that one out on 8/4!

James Powell

Posts: 588 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Quite like this one:

The three things which surpass understanding:the work of the bees, the mind of women,and the flow and ebb of the tide.- ancient Irish triad.---------------
---------------

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst í hringi
Höldumst í hendur
Allur heimurinn óskýr
Nema þú stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kathryn
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kathryn     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This is far too much fun... [Smile]

--------------------
Keeper of the American Idol Pool 2006

Pamper yourself!

Posts: 1085 | From: Transplanted Yankee in North Carolina | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
James G.
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James G.   Author's Homepage   E-mail James G.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay, this is bizzare:

mes jambes sont couvertes dans les cheveux virils, l'odeur est si douce qu'il me fait crier pour un poulet pour s'asseoir sur ma tête

And Bable fish gets:

my legs are covered in the virile hair, the odor is so soft that it makes me shout for a chicken to sit down on my head

Which is about as far as I got with my own translation. Anyone know what they're actually on about?

--------------------
This is a public service announcement. The board is moving. Check Announcements Photos[/URL]

Posts: 1302 | From: Edinburgh, UK (Currently Nr. Swindon, UK) | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Unusual Elfin Lights
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unusual Elfin Lights   Author's Homepage   E-mail Unusual Elfin Lights   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oddly enough, cheveux is usually meant for the hair on ones head, poile for the hair on the rest of the body.

I think someone typed in something in Bablefish and translated it through 16 other languages to get what you got [Wink]

Posts: 2064 | From: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LyndaD
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyndaD   E-mail LyndaD   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a headache. My dad used to say, 'If I had a head that looked like that, it'd ache, too.'L---------------L---------------I've heard that many times.....i bet your head is beautiful:)
---------------
Awww, thank you! You made my day.
L
P.S. I wrote the original message, sent it out last night, and got it back this morning with an answer. How cool is that?

I sent this one last night (see the 'L'?) and got it back this morning!!!

--------------------
I'll drive it ugly. You can't see the paint job when you're behind the wheel, anyway.

Posts: 570 | From: Central Valley, California | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LyndaD
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyndaD   E-mail LyndaD   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
fick dich du geile sau

Hopefully this is not another NFBSK.

--------------------
I'll drive it ugly. You can't see the paint job when you're behind the wheel, anyway.

Posts: 570 | From: Central Valley, California | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Keeper of the Mad Bunnies
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 502 posted      Profile for Keeper of the Mad Bunnies   E-mail Keeper of the Mad Bunnies   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Oh so handsome - Oh so strong -
Tell me stories of distant shores - All night long -
I shiver all over - When I see your lovly tan -
And I can tell by your clear blue eyes - Your a sailor man -
Oh sailor man - From polar land -
Oh sailor man - Come take my hand -
Oh tender sailor man...

Couldn't think of anything to add to it. Sent it along.

James Powell

Posts: 588 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sweet Home California
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Sweet Home California     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LyndaD:
fick dich du geile sau

I'm not positive. but that sounds like German. I looked it up on Babelfish and got something that sounds very rude. The first word is definitely an NFBSK word.

--------------------
I really hate one-eyed flying purple people eaters! I mean, seriously! They're all like, "I like to eat people, I'm purple, I fly and I have one eye!"-We've Got Mail!

The first game ever made using sand, water, oil, and a snail.

Posts: 176 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Katywren
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katywren     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 4.

I've been stranded on this island for four days now. I found this old bottle, and thought I'd send a message in hopes that someone will find it. I have plenty of fish and fruits to eat. Luckily I have the means to make a fire. The leaves on the trees work wonderfully for collecting rain water for drinking. I'm not seeking rescue. It's actually very peaceful here and beautiful. If anyone should find this message, please send the following items......

A toothbrush
Deodorant
Shampoo
Soap
And Johnny Depp.

If there isn't room in the boat for the above items, by all means, forget the toiletries.

Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Psihala

I got this one a couple of minutes ago. It looks like it's bounced around a bit.

Katywren

Posts: 65 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So, I saw this thread and I logged on. I've sent a few, received a few. I just got this one!:

If a snopester gets this let me know...JWAt least I'll know more than one person has wasted time here.---------------you don't know ---------------hehehe---------------
---------------

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Shacklepaw
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 607 posted      Profile for Shacklepaw   E-mail Shacklepaw   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
mayday! i am on a sinking ship. please contact the coast guard!---------------I'm on my way to help!! Hang in there!------------------------------sorry the coast guard sunk---------------Could you light a fire or something? How are we supposed to find you?---------------I can't see you.. I have been staring at the sea for a while now, give us a sign
---------------
Signs! Signs! Everywhere you look there's a sign. Don't do this. Keep off the grass.
Everywhere you look there's a sign.

This one actually made me chuckle.
Posts: 31 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LyndaD
Jingle Bell Hock

Shacklepaw, I added the Signs! Signs! part to this one. I'm glad my messages are being read by peolple who appreciate them. [Smile]

--------------------

ali_marea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali_marea   E-mail ali_marea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Katywren:
quote:
quote:
Day 4.

I've been stranded on this island for four days now. I found this old bottle, and thought I'd send a message in hopes that someone will find it. I have plenty of fish and fruits to eat. Luckily I have the means to make a fire. The leaves on the trees work wonderfully for collecting rain water for drinking. I'm not seeking rescue. It's actually very peaceful here and beautiful. If anyone should find this message, please send the following items......

A toothbrush
Deodorant
Shampoo
Soap
And Johnny Depp.

If there isn't room in the boat for the above items, by all means, forget the toiletries.

Thank you.

~Psihala

I got this one a couple of minutes ago. It looks like it's bounced around a bit.

Katywren

Hey, I know who sent that! A friend of mine from another board sent that! I can't wait to tell her. *grin*

--------------------
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posts: 7158 | From: D.C. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sabrina_Fairchild

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sabrina_Fairchild   Author's Homepage   E-mail Sabrina_Fairchild   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like this one I just got.

Help Wanted: Telepath. You know where to apply.

Thought that was too good not to pass on again. [Smile]

--------------------
As heard on "Street Smarts":
Q: Chicago has 2 professional baseball teams. The Cubs and....what is the other one? Hint: It's something you probably don't wear a lot.

Girl: Underwear?

Posts: 178 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
csel's in 2nd Grade

Icon 1 posted      Profile for csel's in 2nd Grade     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got one in German earlier, but didn't get a good translation; then, while looking for a better translation, I closed the window. [Roll Eyes]

And someone is worried about Steve.....

--------------------
"What is sin? I think sin is failure to grow."
-Lauren Slater, "Prozac Diary"

Posts: 172 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 401 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The crows all seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw.
[lol]

quote:
A groundless rumor often covers a lot of ground.---------------Such things should never be started!------------------------------I agree
---------------
But how so you kill the weed once it grows so big? si

(Didn't answer this one, just sent it on its way again.)

~Cora..., erm, Psihala

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zabia
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zabia   E-mail Zabia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I just got this one. Maybe due to that it is 6am and I can't sleep, it struck me as rather funny.

quote:
hiya
hallo
hi
hey
howdy
hola
bonjour
bonjourno
greetings
ni how
boo
koneechiwa
'ello 'ello 'ello
--------------------------------
bye
see ya
ciao
goodbye
hasta luego
hasta pronto
hasta manana
hasta la vista (baby!)
adios
au revoir
arivedechi
aloha

Just what I needed, more proof that I am actually only 4 years old.

I haven't gotten any of mine back. This was the first really funny one. However, I keep getting a ton in Russian. So they could possibly be funny. I just throw them back.

--------------------
We frettered around like farm animals, looking around for formulas and father figures. -Twilight Zone

Posts: 425 | From: Lynchburg, VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhea
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhea     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LyndaD:
fick dich du geile sau

It is. It means "NFBSK you, you horny sow". I keep getting Russian ones.
Posts: 1201 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Got the first Oceangram religious message:

Jesus Christ came from Heaven to Earth to save you from your sins...

I hope you have him in your heart, so you can live forever.

Lou Belle
Potosi, MO, USA
---
Living forever might become difficult when you are human [Big Grin]
---
Lou,

Beautiful message, I do have him in my heart and the human part of me will perish, but my soul is sealed and I will life forever in heaven! Thank you for your beautiful words!

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst í hringi
Höldumst í hendur
Allur heimurinn óskýr
Nema þú stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Unusual Elfin Lights

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unusual Elfin Lights   Author's Homepage   E-mail Unusual Elfin Lights   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, I finally caved and tried it.

If anyone receives one signed UEL, you know it's from me.

quote:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
You're real sweet,
'cause you surf here too!

Posts: 2064 | From: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LyndaD
Jingle Bell Hock

So far, the Russian ones I've gotten have been NFBSK. I wonder if someone used Babelfish or somesuch to translate a few NFBSK phrases, then sent them out? I suppose they get their jollies from the idea that their profanity is getting passed on unbeknownst to the people doing the passing?

--------------------

glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass papaya   E-mail glass papaya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm. I just opened a Russian one that translated as this:

Of loves and happiness who will obtain this bottle! -

Posts: 544 | From: Onalaska, WI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm signing mine +CFS+

ETA: I just got this: "Στείλε μια carlsberg. Αύριο που θα βγω στο κύμα να κάμω φούμο για να μου'ρθει να χέσω να την βρω." Any idea? Is this dirty too?

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Xia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Psihala:
quote:
The crows all seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw.
[lol]
That one's probably mine... I saw board so I just sent a bunch of "Deep Thoughts" messages, heh...

--------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Posts: 2110 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Giselle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giselle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A friend showed me this last night and I've been hooked ever since. I have been getting some fantastic free therapy out of this by sending out my secrets.

I sent one out asking if anyone was a snopester and signed it ~thrillho~ so if anyone gets that one its me!

--------------------
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.

Posts: 2041 | From: Yuba City, California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been asking about snopesters and sending out secrets as well, thrillho [Smile]

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Giselle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giselle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm. . .Any of you having an affair with your downstairs neighbor? [lol]

--------------------
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.

Posts: 2041 | From: Yuba City, California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dutch Angua
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dutch Angua   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I sent out a 'Survivors of Oceanic Flight 815' message, so you're not the only geek.
YOMANK! [lol]

I sent a message for all Snopesters, so keep your eyes open [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dude, where's my siggy?

Posts: 276 | From: Holland | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sweet Home California

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet Home California     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by candy from strangers:
I'm signing mine +CFS+

ETA: I just got this: "Στείλε μια carlsberg. Αύριο που θα βγω στο κύμα να κάμω φούμο για να μου'ρθει να χέσω να την βρω." Any idea? Is this dirty too?

I translated and got "Send carlsberg. Tomorrow where I will come out in the wave I make foy'mo in order to moy'rcej he'sw him find." Not the best traslation I've gotten, but at least it doesn't sound dirty.

--------------------
I really hate one-eyed flying purple people eaters! I mean, seriously! They're all like, "I like to eat people, I'm purple, I fly and I have one eye!"-We've Got Mail!

Posts: 176 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LadyLockeout
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyLockeout   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I put my webpage address. [Wink]

--------------------
Katesune: We still can't find the way to albuquerque, and glisp won't stop to ask for directions.
Glisp42: Of course not. I know where I'm going, I just don't know where I am right now

Twisted Links

Posts: 2599 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DarkDan
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkDan   Author's Homepage   E-mail DarkDan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got a bottle and it came to shore, but I can't open it. It's rightside up and the cork is spinning and it won't open. Hmmm

--------------------
Missing snopesters | snopesters Facebook group | SLC Birthdays | What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?
"Gonna free fall out into nothing, gonna leave this world for a while" --Tom Petty

Posts: 3698 | From: Philadelphia, PA or >Tinton Falls, NJ< | Registered: Oct 1492  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 303 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DarkDan:
I got a bottle and it came to shore, but I can't open it. It's rightside up and the cork is spinning and it won't open. Hmmm

In the "News from the bottom of the ocean", is a message that says "We are in the process of upgrading our systems to handle the user traffic better and solve the wiggly cork problem*. Some users may experience outages in the next 24 hours. Please be patient as we work to solve this issue."

*This message replaced the one about what the 'wiggly cork problem' was: an indication of high network usage.

~Psihala (who sometimes sends messages from the 'wandering mermaid').

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sweet Home California

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet Home California     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I just got one that said "Its tribrats looking for other snopesters!" [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages