snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » About This Site » Snopes Spotting » The Guardian lists snopes.com as one of 2006's 100 useful sites.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Guardian lists snopes.com as one of 2006's 100 useful sites.
BrianB
Happy Holly Days

Icon 303 posted      Profile for BrianB   E-mail BrianB   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The new 100 most useful sites according to the Guardian Unlimited site.
Brian

--------------------
"Dear Big Foot Smellers: Please don't quote me on some of this information." John F. Winston

Posts: 1707 | From: Camarillo, CA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Andrew of Ware, England
A-Ware in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew of Ware, England   Author's Homepage   E-mail Andrew of Ware, England   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So 'snopes' is more useful than the 'Virtual Toilet Paper Museum'. That is good to know.

quote:
Snopes checks out unbelievable tales, scams and urban legends and debunks (or confirms) them. Slightly less useful is the 100-strong webring of Unusual Museums of the Internet. These include the Virtual Toilet Paper Museum, the Old Calculators Web Museum and Signalfan's museum of traffic control signals.

--------------------
Andrew, Ware, England

Posts: 1709 | From: Ware, England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
surfcitydogdad
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surfcitydogdad     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Indeed, Snopes is far more useful than "virtual toilet paper!"

I'll have to look at that site, though. Even before I studied anthropology, I did a survey of the toilet paper of various nations by collecting, or asking friends who travelled, to bring me a few pieces of the tp of different destinations.

I personally collected some from the UK, embossed, "Property of the Queen," some from France that was like wax paper, and some form Spain that was like crepe paper. Got a report via postcard reporting on the tp in Japan, and someone brought me some from Israel. I smell a graduate paper in the works...

--------------------
Only when we remake ourselves can we remake the world.
- Outer Limits (2001)

Posts: 559 | From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages